TheNailBoss - how does he do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Under "user" it's "thenailboss" x

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok so thanks to the OP I was up till gone 1am last night looking at the nail boss on insta!

He's a very skill tech who probably does lots of nails to been able to keep the skill level up!
I admit the nails good look funky!! ... This issue I would have is I don't have a E-file so if I did this look on one of my clients it would probably take as long to file the design down to then create a new look as it did to apply the full set. If my client doesn't desire added length I would recreate this look with CND Shellac onto there natural nail or if they wanted length I would extend the nail with an enhancement then CND Shellac over it. I find this gets a great looking result without the pain of the rebalance

If you have a good strong nail file with a low grit and have a good technique when it comes to filing then you wouldn't have a problem..I have done my acrylics like this on quite a few clients now and haven't had a problem( but then i have been "doing" nails for just over 10 years now).
I just don't think you'll get the same finish with shellac...its going to be obvious its a polish job as opposed to acrylic.

If you have a good strong nail file with a low grit and have a good technique when it comes to filing then you wouldn't have a problem..I have done my acrylics like this on quite a few clients now and haven't had a problem( but then i have been "doing" nails for just over 10 years now).
I just don't think you'll get the same finish with shellac...its going to be obvious its a polish job as opposed to acrylic.

So when you do it do you file off the whole design by hand?
X

Basically you file it down to practically nothing but natural nail...one coat of opaque on anything showing ,that you cant file,and your good to go. Have to be carefully that you dont damage the natural nail by over filing thu

Basically you file it down to practically nothing but natural nail...one coat of opaque on anything showing ,that you cant file,and your good to go. Have to be carefully that you dont damage the natural nail by over filing thu

Ah I see and then you go in with you new design or whatever?
I do see that this sort of work would result in a longer service time as said before but you could of course charge more as it's excellent!!!

Latest posts

Back