These are the lashes I've had done this evening - what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested to see what happens next. So sorry for your awful experience.
Keep us posted!
x

Hi there

Im completly shocked at the state of your lashes. I hope your feeling better now.

IMO I think you should complain directly to her by letter and give her 14 days to refund your money failing which your going to complain to noveau and trading standards and also raise a action in small claims court. I think that should scare her into giving you your money back.

I appreciate this isnt only about money but i doubt the training provider can do much. Hopefully if this works she will think twice before lashing the unsuspecting public without enough practice.

Do let us know how you get on hun

Xx Z xx

Hi, we just want you to know that we've seen this thread and we are of course utterly serious in wanting to resolve any issue's you've had. I've spoken with our Director this evening and could I ask you to message me your contact details so that we can contact you tomorrow at a time convenient to you?

Our Group Manager, Diane Plummer, will personally deal with your issue and hopefully we can get this resolved quickly for you.

I want to assure anyone reading this thread that Nouveau are a professional and ethical company. We strive for absolute perfection in what we do and expect only the highest standards from any of our technicians. If your expectations fall short we want to address this immediately.

If you have any problems in messaging me, you can reach me at [email protected] or Diane Plummer is available on 0845 6443994.

Thanks, Stephanie

Thanks beauty and Ruby :)

She did give the money back - my mum paid for them for Christmas for me and there was no way she way paying £50 for them!

You know I don't like the idea of complaining but her details are still on their website and some other poor unsuspecting client could find them and end up in the same predicament. I think it would be irresponsible not to complain.

This is how they sell their lash techs and if they are going to do that then I think they need to stand behind their claims!

Fully-trained pros

Nouveau Lashes can only be applied by fully trained Nouveau Lashes professionals. Not only do we develop stunning lashes products, we develop and deliver the training too. With training academies all over the UK, we all train our lashes pros to the most exacting standards. Only the best will do.
So when you book your Nouveau Lashes appointment, you can be confident that your treatment will be delivered by a fully qualified professional.

And that's what I had expected to get a fully qualified professional!

I had a banging headache when she finished and the lashes were hurting so there is no way I could have waited for them to fall out - so I had no option but to remove them.

Also can you imagine I go to a clients home to do their lashes and I've got none of my own - it was really upsetting.

My mum will do the email for me tomorrow and send the photos and see what they say. I'll be sure to feedback their response.

Thanks beauty and Ruby :)

She did give the money back - my mum paid for them for Christmas for me and there was no way she way paying £50 for them!

You know I don't like the idea of complaining but her details are still on their website and some other poor unsuspecting client could find them and end up in the same predicament. I think it would be irresponsible not to complain.

This is how they sell their lash techs and if they are going to do that then I think they need to stand behind their claims!

Fully-trained pros

Nouveau Lashes can only be applied by fully trained Nouveau Lashes professionals. Not only do we develop stunning lashes products, we develop and deliver the training too. With training academies all over the UK, we all train our lashes pros to the most exacting standards. Only the best will do.
So when you book your Nouveau Lashes appointment, you can be confident that your treatment will be delivered by a fully qualified professional.

And that's what I had expected to get a fully qualified professional!

I had a banging headache when she finished and the lashes were hurting so there is no way I could have waited for them to fall out - so I had no option but to remove them.

Also can you imagine I go to a clients home to do their lashes and I've got none of my own - it was really upsetting.

My mum will do the email for me tomorrow and send the photos and see what they say. I'll be sure to feedback their response.

Jade-portia,
Glad to hear you got your money back..sounds as though you had a rather bad experience..

Just pointing out that nouveau have posted above your last post! You may have not noticed it because looking at the times they were both sent, you were probably writing your post as theirs was posted!

Hope you get the response you want Hun xxx

Hi Stephanie

Thank you for your response and I'll certainly give Diane a call on the number you provided tomorrow. I appreciate what you have said about the ethos of your company and that is exactly why I used your company/site to find a lash tech when I wanted one.

I look forward to speaking to you tomorrow.

No problem, we'll talk tomorrow.

Stephanie

Hi Everyone,

We're awaiting Jade - Portia's call this morning. For legal reasons, we can't comment on the standard of the work but we would like to get in touch with the technician who did the treatment. Hopefully you're sorted now, fully refunded and the headache gone. We appologise for recommending a technician that you are not happy with.

To answer a few of the comments in this thread about our company and lashes treatments in general. Nouveau Lashes do pride ourselves on offering high quality products and training so we will be re-visiting our assessment procedure following this thread. We assess for basic skills and recommend that technicians get as much practice as possible to hone their skills before launching into a career as a lash technician. This has been covered in one of the replies above.

Patch testing.
Nouveau Lashes do not recommend patch testing and neither do our legal advisors or insurers. Lash adhesive is a Cyano-acrylate based adhesive which is a known irritant.

Lash adhesive should not come in to contact with the skin during or after a treatment so the results from a patch test would be irrelavent. Most problems with lash extension procedures are caused by the extension or the adhesive touching the skin and irritating the eyelid.

The fact that Nouveau Lashes don't recommend patch testing doesn't mean that you shouldn't do it. You should read your own insurance policy wording as it will be them that deal with any problems which may arise. If you are doing brow tinting or hair dyes, we strongly recommend that you patch test before EVERY procedure as clients can develop an allergy to pPD , particularly through continued exposure to it. Also, the negative result to a patch test does not mean the client will not have a reaction. It is always essential to explain to a client that there is still a risk.

Aww they look really bad, i would definately complain especially as you paid £60... shocking! I only charge £28 as a newbie!!!

As for your training could you not go back free of charge and sit in the same class again? Thats what Marvel lash offer, she also gave us all her mobile number if we had any Q's.

I'd love my lashes doing but don't know anyone near me :( so for now i'll stick with my falsies xx

Have you spoke to nouveau? The good thing about them is if you ring them Up they will have a word with the therapist and maybe if she's had a few complaints they put her on a eyelash workshop, I would do that if I was you x

To answer a few of the comments in this thread about our company and lashes treatments in general. Nouveau Lashes do pride ourselves on offering high quality products and training so we will be re-visiting our assessment procedure following this thread.

That's good to hear!

Aww they look really bad, i would definately complain especially as you paid £60... shocking! I only charge £28 as a newbie!!!

As for your training could you not go back free of charge and sit in the same class again? Thats what Marvel lash offer, she also gave us all her mobile number if we had any Q's.

I'd love my lashes doing but don't know anyone near me :( so for now i'll stick with my falsies xx

Judging by your profile picture hun I'd be happy to pay you more than £28, they look real nice xx

Omg can't believe she left you with those lashes! Glad you got it sorted though.
Am desperate to find a decent lash tech too. X

Judging by your profile picture hun I'd be happy to pay you more than £28, they look real nice xx

Thanks hun, That was my first set :D I'm a bit better now :D xx

I hear what you're saying Love Beauty about finding a decent lash tech - I wanted my lashes to be an advert for my service but that didn't quite work out as I wanted it to.

Thankfully Bonkers - who lives in m/c has said I can contact her and she is a serious lash professsional so at least untill she has had her baby I've got one of the best :)

Angelina I was pleased to see the response from Nouveau too - it's good to see that they are taking what has happened seriously. I would hate for it to happen to anyone else.

I've had a busy day today with appointments and my sons christmas play so didn't get a chance to ring nouveau till early evening and Diane had left by the time I rang - I'll give her a call again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks hun, That was my first set :D I'm a bit better now :D xx

Are you joking? thats your first set?? I just posted a pic of my 3rd and now i want to take them off haha.

They look amazing you obviously really have a natural ability. I hope I get there in the end. And id definately pay more than £28 for that set :)

Hi All,

Sorry for the experience you have had Jade - Portia. It seems the adhesive did not even dry thoroughly.

I was trained by Diane from Nouveau 6yrs ago. You are right about the training...should be fully inspected before qualifying. The training was ok...but it was easy to pass as another girl I thought was not great had qualified in the end. I was shocked. I no longer using their products but still working fully in Lash Extensions. Have many high profile clients and would not dream in causing them this!

Are you mixing products? I.e using your debonder in removing their adhesive?

I've just had my lashes done by a Nouveau Lash technician and this is what I got. I am absolutely devastated - my mum has just spent two hours getting them out and I feel like I've been hit in the head with a brick :(

Hope your feeling better now Jade-portia. I wish I'd seen this thread sooner because I have a youtube vid that would have cheered you up I think. Go to 4min25sec. One of those 'It could be worse' moments!

So BAD! The worst Eyelash Extensions EVER!! - YouTube

Please note: This salon was located in Australia, not a Nouveau salon!

Edit: guys this is not me, just something I saw looking for a place!

Last edited:
OMG they are not well done, i could not leave a customer with their lashes like that! I speak to them, maybe see if they can have someone else redo them or get your money back :(

Omg that video! I don't understand, even if I had never seen an eyelash extension before I think I'd do a better job!

Latest posts

Back