These are the lashes I've had done this evening - what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jade - portia

Reaction score
I've just had my lashes done by a Nouveau Lash technician and this is what I got. I am absolutely devastated - my mum has just spent two hours getting them out and I feel like I've been hit in the head with a brick :(

jade+-+portia-albums-just+had+my+lashes+done+%3A%28-picture44152-dsc00177.jpg

jade+-+portia-albums-just+had+my+lashes+done+%3A%28-picture44150-dsc00174.jpg

jade+-+portia-albums-just+had+my+lashes+done+%3A%28-picture44148-dsc00171.jpg

I do feel for you - they are dreadful!
Did you go to a salon-if so I wouldnt have paid for starters (assuming you did).
When you say your mum has just spent 2 hours 'getting them out' how did she go about this-i hope she didnt pull them off :-(?
x

OMG they are awful!! I do lashes and would be mortified if I had done them! It looks like they have been glued together in clumps! You should go back and complain? Was the person trained? Oh god I feel do sorry for you x

I didn't got to a salon I looked up the tech on nouveau lashes website and she came to my home. My mum used my gel eyelash remover from my kit to remove them.

As a newbie lash tech I wanted to get mine done and be on the other side of the couch so to speak and I wanted them to be an advert for the service. I wouldn't have gone out with my eyes looking like that - I'm might be new to it but i wouldn't leave someone's lashes like this.

My mum paid her I couldn't speak I was so angry and didn't know how to react. I often lack the confidence to say what i want without getting annoyed - I just wanted her out of the house.

you have photographs of them, so thats good, you couldnt return to the salon and complain without any proof that they were not what you wanted, they were too long and thick, in my opinion, and I think you might have had reasonably thin and fair lashes to begin with and with this combination of natural and donor lashes this is why it hasnt worked, I think a too much glue was used, and so your natural lashes and donor lashes ended up merged together, which means you end up with gaps, if you could have put up with them untill tomorro it would have been better to go back with your issues and have them remmoved with the debonder, if your mum didnt have it already, bet they felt tight and were a tad sore when you closed your eyes though, hope your eyes are not too sore, and you really should return to the salon to let them know what happened, with the pictures, maybe the salon owner doesnt know that the lash technician is providing treatments like this, I know Neuveau are a very proffesional brand, was it a Neoveau technican? x

just read your post before mines, at least you had debonder, if she was on the website I am guesing she must be trained within the brand, I very much doubt they would be happy with this outcome, I have never trained with this company but I know they are a proffesional high end brand, sometimes its hard to complain, but if you dont others will get the same treatment and the technician will think that the treatment went well, even if you might not be able to, maybe your mum could help you out, go along etc x

Kirsty you would have felt sorry for me if you were here while my mum was trying to get them out! I feel like I've been hit in the head with a brick and under one of my eyes is all puffy.

I know there are loads of dodgy people around saying they can do semi-permanent lashes but I thought getting her details from a reputable company like Nouveau would mean I was getting a decent tech - how wrong was I?

I asked on geek for a referral and someone said message bonkers but I read she was having a baby and wasn't taking on any more clients. So I'd seen there was a girl locally who was nouveau lash trained so I found her details on the website and contacted her.

I've just calmed down a bit so I've sent her a message with one of those photos attached. Tomorrow when my head isn't banging and I've stopped shivering I'll call her and say I want my money back.

I should have known - she didn't do a patch test and in the consultation she said she only had j curls. I didn't want just want j curls they are a bit straight so we had a chat and I explained I would ideally like a mixture of b's and c's she said that would be fine but she would have to use my lashes which I didn't mind.

While she was doing them she kept having her hand on my head and I couldn't understand how she was isolating them and having a hand free to rest on my head.

I do express lashes as well, and I still rest my hand on the client, patch test should have neen done no question, I am guesing you learned this in your training, I dont think it was a reactiont to the glue, more the case of the wrong lashes being applied, did she say she only had j curls when you went through your consultation? at that time you should have had you patch test, hoping your lashes are not damaged, and if nothing else you will have learned what to do, and what not to lol xx

I trained with Nouveau and they say that you don't have to patch test which is probably why she didn't.
I complained about my training. I also did my masters training and complained about that too.
I am sick to the back teeth of training companies that give sub-standard training.
That's a big problem today. Get as many as you can on a course, do a quick day course and that's it, you've passed.
Actually with Nouveau you have to do case studies and then go back. When I went back to be assessed the girl that was doing mine was awful and they still passed her.
We pay our hard-earned cash to be trained to a level that is acceptable.
I always try to train with the so called 'top companies' and have been disappointed quite a few times. I'm beginning to feel like a serial complainer!
I would definitely follow this up. I would expect to get my money back and I would contact Nouveau too and show them the pictures of the handiwork of one of their technicians that they have passed!

Ruth - when I said I wanted to experience it from the client side this wasn't exactly what I meant lol But you are right it has certainly taught me a few things.

I've just rang my mum, who was here while I was having the treatment to deal with my children if they woke up, I asked her what tools the girl was using. She said she had a pair of tweezers and like a translucent white wand thing?

She did say she only had j curls in the consultation and while I didn't want a dramatic look I did want them to have a bit of curl.

I don't think I've had a reaction to the glue it's probably more of a reaction to the debonder. wow that stuff is unpleasant!

Well at least they are all out now and most of the clumps of glue are gone too but that was a painful process. It also looks like I haven't lost too many of my own lashes - so other than a pain in the head, swollen eyes and my mums purse being lighter - it's all good. The craziest thing is she charges £60 and as a newbie I'm only charging £30 but I would never produce lashes like that and expect to get paid anything.

The most disappointing thing though is that I was really looking forward to having them done.

I get what you are saying about the training Angelina. Initially I felt like I had gone with a cheap option for my training because I couldn't afford one of the more expensive (well known) companies but after hearing this girl talk about her training I don't think mine was any different from hers really.

I think the real learning comes afterwards that's why I'm really thankful I found this site. If I couldn't have come on here and ask questions and learn from some of the fab people here I would have given up before I even started.

What I'd really like to do is once I've had a bit more experience is spend a day with a really good lash tech and learn from them - now that would be something worth paying for.

Tomorrow when I'm calm I will call her and tell her how unhappy I am and ask her does she think that the lashes in the photograph were worth paying £60 for - in the end she only charged £50 cause she was here so long but for the life of me I don't know what she was doing for that long because not that many actual lash extensions came out!!!!!

I feel so bad that you think that after training you feel that you would have to spend time with a lash technician, if you were not confident or had any questions regarding training, the person you trained with shoulld help you, and he/she should get you back in, as angelina has advised you really should get in contact with whoever was involved, wheither it be trainers or registered treatment providers, failing that, there are many people here to help and advise xx

lol Ruth I now actually don't think my training was any different from most people's and after experiencing what some lash techs are providing for £60 I all of a sudden feel much more confident lol

I just think a little on the job training from an experienced FIRST CLASS lash technician would be worth it's weight in gold. As I said earlier without the help of the peeps in the forum I don't think I would have had the confidence to carry on.

But that's not to say that the woman that trained me wasn't good but I think it would be fair to say that a six hour training day isn't very much when you think they have to include all the health and safety, marketing aspects and theory as well as the lash techniques and all that with a group of trainees!

I just think a little on the job training from an experienced FIRST CLASS lash technician would be worth it's weight in gold. As I said earlier without the help of the peeps in the forum I don't think I would have had the confidence to carry on.

I couldn't agree more.

I actually had more questions AFTER I had been lashing for a few months.

It's only when you have dealt with different clients that you realise how much there is to learn.

I hope Nouveau take your issues seriously. This company trades on the fact that they provide top class training (and charge accordingly)

If they don't listen to feedback the they will quickly lose their reputation.

Please let us know how you you get on

I personally would send the pic straight to noveau...what she is doing is dangerous. And again I cant understand how that company are saying you dont need to patch test when it states in ANY insurance document that if you are insured for lash extensions you will not be covered if you dont patch test....grrrr

I am sorry you have so an awful experience!

Hi,

I was just wondering if the tech told you how long she had been doing lashes for? The fact she only has J curls in her kit tells me she isnt experienced and I think no matter who you train with its the practice that counts.

I think it seems she has moved on to doing paying clients when she isnt ready at all and probably was excited about your booking then maybe got nervous on the day. No excuses, she definately shouldnt be charging for those lashes.

I trained with lash perfect and am now on the website but Im not ready to even charge model prices yet let alone actual prices.

moral of the story i guess is to always go on recommendations and experience. I plan to have a portfolio of my lashes once Im confident so people can see my work first hand.

Hope you get your money back so you can go and treat yourself to having them done by someone professional xxxx

Hi hun give me a call I will help you out I'm not having baby til march so still working for now xxx

does anyone actually have a pic of what eyelashes should look like???i would like to see as im intrested in having some done!!this would be great.

Hi folks :) I'm feeling a lot better today but one of my eyes is still really blood shot. I just went to see the girl who did them and she said it was the glue it was a new one and she wasn't happy with it. When I asked her how she could walk out of the house leaving my lashes like that she just said sorry. I told her that I don't think she should be doing them that she could really
damage someone's eyes if she doesn't know what she is doing.

I offered to email her the photos so she could see them but she wasn't interested in having them, which I couldn't believe. If I did something wrong I would want to see so I could learn from it.

I will be contacting nouveau tomorrow because I got her details from their site and so they should take some responsibility for the techs they are promoting - I'll let you know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back