They dont give me feedback

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I have recently not had repeat business from two clients. They both wore L&P came back for their infills (both with a bit of lifting in zone 3 , but not much)

I have always constantly reminded my client's to let me know if they are having a problem or have a question not matter how silly they might think it might be to call....but they seem to ignore this....

I am so frustrated as if any of my clients are not happy then I want them to tell me and not the world.

I went to my new hair dressers yesterday and I told her I was much happier with the cut this time...and thanked her for listening to me, it's so worth it in the end to be honest with a service provider..

It might not be anything to do with me I realise it could be other factors involved but It still prays on my mind. I realise one day I will not worry as much and take it on the chin but until then tell me I am not alone in my frustations.

How bloomin spooky is this...one of my clients has just sent me this email......

Yeah at least I know it wasn't my service....

basically do not have the time to keep up to my nails and had them removed by a technician who lives locally who was recommended to me by a friend of my partners.

I did enjoy having lovely nails but have to be realistic and accept that I have too many other priorities.

Thankyou for the service and I wish you all the best with your career. I know you wil do well,

Ok, try REALLY hard to stop worrying, it won't help anything! I, too, was like you in the first few years, being so keen to make sure everything was right and that they were all happy, sometimes we can actually try too hard and put pressure on people, especially if they like you.

Have now found after 7 and a half years experience that some customers go and you never know why, spend nights worrying what you did wrong, only to find they pop up again years later and that their personal circumstances were such that they stopped having their nails done for important or trivial reasons but have been recommending you to all and sundry during all this time and have been looking forward to coming back when 'the time is right'.

Had yet another one today (honest!) got her nails done 4 years ago, thought they were called 'cultured nails' and was so excited about having them done again, could tell me all about the tech who used to do them in the salon and how much she loved having her nails and coming to the salon. This is now at least a monthly occurence!!!!!

Relax....your business is important to YOU, everyone else has their STUFF to deal with....it's no reflection on you and you will see in time that if you are giving the very best you can, it WILL be rewarded. Good Luck and relaxation...ENJOY the WHOLE process....Fiona x

hiya, fab freak i am so in the same boat, when reading your post i though i had written it myself, but Fiona thank you so much for your words of wisdom, i really must learn to relax i constanly have butterflies worrying about nails!!! thanks guys xx

Hi there
I too was reading your post and suddenly seen my day in your writing.
I was told yesterday by one of the managers that so-n-so had come back to say 2 of her nails had lifted after i had done them. (When this use to happen i would worry endlessly not to say that I don't still)
My manager also asked if I do anything different from the other techs. So I replied "My technique maybe slightly different from another techs as we are all different but I cannot guarantee anyone nails once they leave the salon, as who knows that what they do once they leave."
I was also miffed because i do three girls l&p at work (beauty therapists and hairdressers) and none of them have lifted!
But I think that after time and confidence in your own abilities you tend to shugg off things that once would of had you nail biting and stressing all day.
Hoping tomorrows a better day and this will be a forgotton memorylol

I wish these so called managers knew more about nails and threw their support behind the technicians.

No wonder clients think they can get away with freebies - cause as soon as they complain to the manager instead of the technician, the manager is unsure and dithers and gives the client the impression that it is the technicians fault.
I have seen this in chain salons so many times where hair is the main focus of the salon and the managers know diddly about nails.!!

Latest posts

Back