Thick UV gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I donit think this post is either unkind or unprofessional.

This site was started almost ten years ago for professionals and for aspiring professionals that need help and advice.

It really does help if new members would fill out their profiles so that we have something to go on when answering.

Time is short for everyone .. No one wants to spend time giving advice to someone who later turns out to be untrained and who wants to take the info and work in people's kitchens earning tax free income. Because that is what happens many times.

We are all protective and passionate about what we do. Our industry is being undermined all the time by rogue technicians, rogue traders and rogue distributors and it is natural to try and protect ourselves somewhat.

Broops said nothing snotty, rude, unprofessional or snobby. There was nothing at all wrong with her post and some of the reactions and remarks by others were worse in my opinion.

To the OP ... There are lots of products to choose from as you know. Dozens and you will get dozens of different answers. It would help if those answering said why they adore their choice of product rather than that they just do! Features, benefits and USP's

Amen and hallelujah to you Geeg

Since i have joined this site, I have now sorted my insurance and also ordered alot of new products which has cost me quite abit. So not a any point do i want to be working cash in hand at all.
I am on this site to be getting advice, And tips so i there for can go self employed and to be doing my best for myself, And my clients too.
I completed my course in 2010 And have have a little experience in that time until now, But i have now come to a point that i have spent so much in the past it is a shame that i am not using them and my strongest talent of nails is nail art.
We all have to start somewhere...

And im sure the majority of people on this wele website is very passionate about there work they do, And i am of just the little work that iv done in the last 2 years.

I would also like to state that after reading Broops comment ( i then did edit my profile with correct answers).

And you are all entitled to your own opionions, Some might be positive, Some might be negative. But i personially think that the comment BROOPS made which was= ( Awkward.... Sorry hun but you dont sound like you have received any training so Im doubtful anyone will offer you any advice as this forum is for professional only ) Was out of order and the reason for this which i have stated is that, If it was a professional website... It wouldnt be active or running in the first place as we would be that good and professional we wouldnt need any help. And i have had quite a few replys with good ideas for me, hense the reason i have just got aload of new products which i cant wait to use and hopefully are perfect for me.

But yes i will admit geeg, It would be nice to know why such products are good. But im happy with just replys or what other products are good. iv not rushed into buying the products that i have brough, I reserched alot too.

AMEN!!!

Since i have joined this site, I have now sorted my insurance and also ordered alot of new products which has cost me quite abit. So not a any point do i want to be working cash in hand at all.
I am on this site to be getting advice, And tips so i there for can go self employed and to be doing my best for myself, And my clients too.
I completed my course in 2010 And have have a little experience in that time until now, But i have now come to a point that i have spent so much in the past it is a shame that i am not using them and my strongest talent of nails is nail art.
We all have to start somewhere...

And im sure the majority of people on this wele website is very passionate about there work they do, And i am of just the little work that iv done in the last 2 years.

I would also like to state that after reading Broops comment ( i then did edit my profile with correct answers).

And you are all entitled to your own opionions, Some might be positive, Some might be negative. But i personially think that the comment BROOPS made which was= ( Awkward.... Sorry hun but you dont sound like you have received any training so Im doubtful anyone will offer you any advice as this forum is for professional only ) Was out of order and the reason for this which i have stated is that, If it was a professional website... It wouldnt be active or running in the first place as we would be that good and professional we wouldnt need any help. And i have had quite a few replys with good ideas for me, hense the reason i have just got aload of new products which i cant wait to use and hopefully are perfect for me.

But yes i will admit geeg, It would be nice to know why such products are good. But im happy with just replys or what other products are good. iv not rushed into buying the products that i have brough, I reserched alot too.

AMEN!!!

Ok .. Leaving the discussion re broop's comment aside. This site is for professionals AND aspiring professionals IOW those who have had some education and want to further their knowledge and careers. You fit into that category as we now know but didnt before, so that is tickety boo. Let's accept by every other remark she made that broops was not trying to be unkind or elitist just protective as we all are. So let's move on. :D

I never ever give advice about a product unless I have tried it and USED it for some while so that I can comment about it with experience and a working knowledge. I always give the features and benefits of using a product and what it's unique selling points are (or even if it has none) and what's in it for you if you use it.

When reading answers, You have to consider the source, IOW who is posting and why. Many who give the silly answers like .. "I use xyz and it's good" may have no experience and wouldnt know a good product if it hit them in the face ... :D. If its so good folks, then tell the poster why it's good and how they will benefit from using it!!

OK. ... So what have you bought then?:D :D:D

hi, i'm in the same boat at the min as im having to change supplier for gel as they no longer ship to NI :sad: i've tried a few of the lower range gels and they really dont agree with me or should i say i just dont like them!

Think i might try CND any help finding a new supplier would be greatly appreciated!!

PS sorry im a newbie to the site and havent updated my profile properly but i've 5yrs experience :) dont want to cause any more controversy!

hi, i'm in the same boat at the min as im having to change supplier for gel as they no longer ship to NI :sad: i've tried a few of the lower range gels and they really dont agree with me or should i say i just dont like them!

Think i might try CND any help finding a new supplier would be greatly appreciated!!

PS sorry im a newbie to the site and havent updated my profile properly but i've 5yrs experience :) dont want to cause any more controversy!
Go and update it now! :D

I can tell you everything in the world about Brisa gels from CND. In fact I have recently written several posts with all the F&B's of Brisa. If you care to search my posts and if you don't, then I'll write it all again because you should not miss the chance to use Brisa.

Which gel are you used to using?

Here are a few F&B'S. About Brisa

CND BRISA gels. ... Voted number one hard gel by nail technicians for more than 5 years running ... Think that just about says it all!:biggrin:

No heat

No need for primer

Hypoallergenic and

3 Free

NO buffing of the natural nail with a 100 grit file
NO buffing between layers of gel
NO faffing about ... Easy application and no gel running around the nail plate or form.
Very easy to apply

All unique selling points of BRISA.

Last edited:
I've used palms thick sculpting gel for the last 5 years but they've stopped shipping here :Scared: My friend i used to work with has been trained recently using entity but I'm not entirely sure which route to go down

I'm going to have to research CND courses i wouldnt mind brushing up my skills and learning something new! after reading some of these posts im feeling like i've been stuck in a rut and its time to freshen things up! x

Go and update it now! :D

I can tell you everything in the world about Brisa gels from CND. In fact I have recently written several posts with all the F&B's of Brisa. If you care to search my posts and if you don't, then I'll write it all again because you should not miss the chance to use Brisa.

Which gel are you used to using?

Here are a few F&B'S. About Brisa

CND BRISA gels. ... Voted number one hard gel by nail technicians for more than 5 years running ... Think that just about says it all!:biggrin:

No heat

No need for primer

Hypoallergenic and

3 Free

NO buffing of the natural nail with a 100 grit file
NO buffing between layers of gel
NO faffing about ... Easy application and no gel running around the nail plate or form.
Very easy to apply

All unique selling points of BRISA.

Stop your making me jealous ;-) xx

Geeg you've made my mind up for me I am going to convert to CND I have read loads about this gel and it's time I use a gel I can feel proud of #EXCITED!!!

Awkward.... Sorry hun but you dont sound like you have received any training so Im doubtful anyone will offer you any advice as this forum is for professional only .... :|

This is exactly why I left this site years ago!! Can't believe this rudeness still happens. I decided to come back as I have just opened my own salon and would like to keep in the loop..

I like the Cuccio gel too.. So far no problems :) you should buy a few samples most suppliers pass out free samples you should call round a few then you can see which one you prefer :)

This is exactly why I left this site years ago!! Can't believe this rudeness still happens. I decided to come back as I have just opened my own salon and would like to keep in the loop..

I like the Cuccio gel too.. So far no problems :) you should buy a few samples most suppliers pass out free samples you should call round a few then you can see which one you prefer :)
Why do you think this is Rude? What exactly is rude? First ... The poster acknowledges that the situation is awkward (as she does not know the persons experience because the poster did not fill in her profile). Then she tells the poster nicely, that as she hasn't filed in her profile and it looks like she has had no training, she may not get answers.
I fail completely to see what was rude about that? It is like you are deliberately looking for trouble .. please don't because none was intended.

Why do you think this is Rude? What exactly is rude? First ... The poster acknowledges that the situation is awkward (as she does not know the persons experience because the poster did not fill in her profile). Then she tells the poster nicely, that as she hasn't filed in her profile and it looks like she has had no training, she may not get answers.
I fail completely to see what was rude about that? It is like you are deliberately looking for trouble .. please don't because none was intended.

There was more than myself posted about this! I was only stating what I took from it.. And I did find it rude sorry if this offends you but I was not directing at anyone else other than the person involved.

People should be offering advise professional or non professional everyone has to start somewhere.

There was more than myself posted about this! I was only stating what I took from it.. And I did find it rude sorry if this offends you but I was not directing at anyone else other than the person involved.

People should be offering advise professional or non professional everyone has to start somewhere.

If it was only directed at one person then as they say "take it to a pm"! The issue was dealt with and the op accepted this and also was grateful for the advice she received! :)

I am asking WHY you think it was rude? What exactly was rude. You haven't answered. I explained what was meant ...why was it rude? What was rude? Please just show me tell me what was rude? I'm quite willing to be persuaded if in fact you can explain exactly what was said that was unacceptable and rude?

Diplodocus I don't see any T-rexes here.:D

If it any consolation I use nsi builder gel I love its nice and easy to apply stays where you put it nice to file................but I am purchasing CND to because I have herd great things and I'm intrigued and the best of the best techs use it including diodocus lol x

Well Geeg I know you want an answer...but the simple truth is it wasn't rude!

Is there something in the water because over the last couple of days people seem to be offended by the slightest of things, in fact it's not really the original posters that are getting upset, but people being upset on their behalf and creating a situation out of nothing.

Like my old gran used to say....they would cause a fight in an empty house!!

Technically though the thread question still has not really been answered as Geeg has quite rightly pointed out no one has actually said WHY they like their particular hard/thick gels!

To try and give the OP a better of idea on what to look for here is an article that may help http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/35483-choosing-correct-gel.html

As far as this being a site for professionals and aspiring professionals...of course it is!!
I have over 13 years experience in this Industry and I still have things to learn, being a professional does not mean you know it all, quite the reverse, we should all still be striving to improve and share our knowledge.

To save any more discussion of alleged rudeness rather than gel I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back