Things that annoy you in the hairdressing industry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Number 1 for me is when clients will not sit still! How can u get an even hair cut when they are bobbing back and forth all the time... Grr.

Also when they book in for a cut & colour and as your applying the colour they say " oh I've to be out of here in a hour" :O end up rushing it and feeling very pressured grr

The things that annoy me are :
When stylists curls hair in all the same direction
The word dye makes me cringe
When your combing, straightening a clients hair and there head is going with you
" can I have two layers" lol how can you do two layers

What about everyone else? Xx

Please feel free to correct me (still learning and just curious) but is the square layer cut not a two layer effect? My tutor demonstrated this cut on my hair and it has the length and a shorter layer that sits about an inch higher. :)

This is hilarious! And all so tru!! Howling!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I frequently get asked to just put in one layer!!!! Lol!

I had a client on thurs. I did her hair 2 weeks prior and said if you have any problems come back (which we say to every client). She had long hair she said she wanted me to cut it so her layers flicked out wards. I said it's the way you style it. as her layers was framing her face. She said will you just take about half an inch of my length. so I said Ill straightening it and just cut your length. So she said or no I want it washing so I washed her hair cut half inch of her length. Dryed and straightened She then said it was perfect and she was going away this week end so she won't have to do her hair. Because when I do it it last her a good few days. I'm sure she did it so she could have her hair washed and straightened for free annoying as I'm self employed lol atleast she's happy xx

Last edited:
[QUOTE=Chantelle
I am confused..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

One of my friends who is a stylist aswell had a client in for a colour, cut and then ghd curls, the client was happy but after a few hours she phoned up and said she wasn't happy with her hair, she's really upset.... Because her curls had slightly dropped! She has taken photos of it and everything! X

Ex hairdressing clients that think they still know eveeything after ten years being out, clients that bitch about your collegues, after taking over an hours appointment for a cut and blow because they were so fussy then saying "its fine" without smiling or looking happy (these are always the ones that refuse to have anyone else but you and come in every three weeks lmao) clients who walk in half hour early and sit there staring at you. Clients who walk in late and dont apologise. Apprentices with attitude. Apprentices that think they know everything. When someone questions your knowledge OOOOOH THAT ONE GETS ME SO MAD!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

We had an apprentice who would wash my clients hair then bring them over to me telling me what products I should use and how I should cut it! Makes me mad! X

Most of my clients are quite well behaved. I just can't cope with the head movers. My stock line is: "it's a really great idea to concentrate on keeping your head still right now".
Some people are just fidgets, and if they've been told, but still can't keep still, I cut really fast, as it's so stressful.

I had a client the other day say "well why r u charging this amount when i know its this much for a tube of colour in sallys, thats a hefty profit isnt it"
Damn sallys.....

I was colouring a lovely client of mine yesterday when her friend popped round to have a chat with me about her hair.
She had very short, and very fine hair. She asked me how much I charge and I told her. She said do you not charge less for short hair? And I said no, I charge the same price for everybody.
She started to tell me I should set up a day when I charge half price for people with short hair 'cos they could be in and out in 20 mins'
I said I don't cut hair like that and there are already places like that, they are called the barbers!
Bloody cheek

Sallys needs to go bust I don't understand how it stays open its trade prices are insane so what the one person in the country who doesn't have a sally card pays must be dearer than a colour with Daniel Galvin! Jo blogs is aloud to buy professional hair colour? They can't buy eyelash tint tho. Its great for us having one in the shopping mall the girls even advise customers. I wouldn't mind but there not even hairdressers. The best one was when the manageress said right get a 12/11 12 percent n throw a scoop of bleach in. Ye great idea kill the tone fry your hair n get scalp burns! N these greedy celebs don't even get me started Gwen Stefani is a lying cow like f**K does she use a tint on her hair. She has it bleached and toned every ten days the old fashioned hollywood way where they don't even use a tint brush they use a diacolor bottle n place it perfectly so not a slightest bit overlaps. Millions of women are know walking round the country with hair that looks like yellow snow and wondering why? And Cheryl are u really worth it you don't seem to think so if you pick up your hair dye while your wippin round doing your weekly food shop. If your worth it bitch go to a salon where they won't even charge you and have L'oreals professional colour! That grates the fact that some people believe it! I could go on Davina , Jayne Seymour I'm surprised Jordan's not done one! And whoever invented XXL Live missed there calling in life I'm sure they'd be better used making weapons of chemical warfare for the al qauida! I dread to think whats in that but I can tell Xxl from half a mile fried dingy hair that looked nice for one day and now just looks like a muddy puddle and then they do it every week it can't be cost effective. And then 15 applications later when that bright red is now black they come in and say I want to go blonde how much will it cost? Erm nothing cause I'm not willing to perform a chemical haircut today madam! Urgh

Last edited:
Sallys needs to go bust I don't understand how it stays open its trade prices are insane so what the one person in the country who doesn't have a sally card pays must be dearer than a colour with Daniel Galvin! Jo blogs is aloud to buy professional hair colour? They can't buy eyelash tint. Its great for us having one in the shopping mall the girls even advise customers. I wouldn't mind but there not even hairdressers. The best one was when the manageress said right get a 12/11 12 percent n throw a scoop of bleach in. Ye great idea kill the tone fry your hair n get scalp burns! N Gwen Stefani is a lying cow like f**K does she use a tint on her hair. She has it bleached and toned every ten days the old fashioned hollywood way where they don't even use a tint brush they use a diacolor bottle n place it perfectly so not a slightest bit overlaps. Millions of women are know walking round the country with hair that looks like yellow snow and wondering why? And Cheryl are u really worth it you don't seem to think so if you pick up your hair dye while your wippin round doing your weekly food shop. If your worth it bitch go to a salon where they won't even charge you and have L'oreals professional colour! That grates the fact that some people believe it! I could go on Davina , Jayne Seymour I'm surprised Jordan's not done one! And whoever invented XXL Live missed there calling in life I'm sure they'd be better used making weapons of chemical warfare for the al qauida! I dread to think whats in that but I can tell Xxl from half a mile fried dingy hair that looked nice for one day and now just looks like a muddy puddle and then they do it every week it can't be cost effective n the say I want to go blonde how much will it cost? Erm nothing cause i aint coin luv! urgh

Cheryl Cole's 'people' asked my friend to pay for the privilege of doing her hair! :eek:

Cheryl Cole's 'people' asked my friend to pay for the privilege of doing her hair! :eek:

Lol we had girls aloud in my old salon don't think the salon would have paid them

Wonder if this is the new thing

Sallys needs to go bust I don't understand how it stays open its trade prices are insane so what the one person in the country who doesn't have a sally card pays must be dearer than a colour with Daniel Galvin! Jo blogs is aloud to buy professional hair colour? They can't buy eyelash tint. Its great for us having one in the shopping mall the girls even advise customers. I wouldn't mind but there not even hairdressers. The best one was when the manageress said right get a 12/11 12 percent n throw a scoop of bleach in. Ye great idea kill the tone fry your hair n get scalp burns! N Gwen Stefani is a lying cow like f**K does she use a tint on her hair. She has it bleached and toned every ten days the old fashioned hollywood way where they don't even use a tint brush they use a diacolor bottle n place it perfectly so not a slightest bit overlaps. Millions of women are know walking round the country with hair that looks like yellow snow and wondering why? And Cheryl are u really worth it you don't seem to think so if you pick up your hair dye while your wippin round doing your weekly food shop. If your worth it bitch go to a salon where they won't even charge you and have L'oreals professional colour! That grates the fact that some people believe it! I could go on Davina , Jayne Seymour I'm surprised Jordan's not done one! And whoever invented XXL Live missed there calling in life I'm sure they'd be better used making weapons of chemical warfare for the al qauida! I dread to think whats in that but I can tell Xxl from half a mile fried dingy hair that looked nice for one day and now just looks like a muddy puddle and then they do it every week it can't be cost effective n the say I want to go blonde how much will it cost? Erm nothing cause i aint coin luv! urgh

I had a client the other day say "well why r u charging this amount when i know its this much for a tube of colour in sallys, thats a hefty profit isnt it"
Damn sallys.....

What a cheek, do they not consider the peroxide u mix with it, your time, foils, gloves, hot water, shampoo/products ect ect. It's not a "hefty" profit after all that and of course it will be a bot of a profit, your not doing it to break even... I'd be very annoyed if someone said that to me!

LOVE this thread! amazing ! x

Damn sallys.....

It's thruppence for applying the colour, the other eighty quid is for knowing which is the rightcolour!:twisted:

It's thruppence for applying the colour, the other eighty quid is for knowing which is the rightcolour!:twisted:

LOL made me laugh - but very true

Latest posts

Back