Think my Brush is on its last legs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladyvic

Reaction score
Since my training Ive always used my faithful Creative Ultra Sculptor # 10 brush, however today i noticed it seems to be dying on me!

I can only describe it as that the bristles look like a camels toe - they are all seperating and hanging about in individual bundles - it seems impossible to re-point it and the ends (as you look down the barrel) dont even form a point only the bunches of hairs are in about 5 or 6 individual points- (ill try and post a pic on my album so you can see )

when this happens is there anyway to revive it? or am i gonna have to say goodbye? :eek:

Have you tried soaking your brush overnight in fresh monomer? If you fix some blutack or similar to the side of the container and push your brush into it so that the bristles are suspended in the liquid so that they are not resting on the bottom.

Leave overnight and then remove and wipe brush on a clean cloth back into either a point or flat if you prefer. This has worked for me before so it is worth a try. :green:

are you also sure there is no product dried in the belly? This can cause this to happen (i found out the hard way, luckily with a cheap brush i bought for 'playing'!).

Ohh poor you :( it seems you have a split brush 9/10 there's no bringing one of them back around unfortunatley, however try what sheldunlop has said first and get an orange wood stick and every so often lightly tease any stuck product out with this and place back in monomer again .

I would think you need to look at a new brush though :( I have 3 one for my every day one for glitters and a spare one (#10) I could never get used to it hence it's now a spare lol. Xxx

make sure you look after your little brush abd it will become your friend :) xc

hi ya - thanks for the replies - have a had a good look and there is no product stuck in the belly it just seems to have naturally split in 2 resembling that camels toe look, absolutely impossible to re-point , as you look down the barrel it looks as if there is a big hole in the middle of the bristles.

ive had it suspended in monomer last night but to no avail - looks like its destined for the bin lol

V x

That is such a shame. I lost 2 brushes when I started out and now treat them like my babies! :green:

Latest posts

Back