Thinking about using oil free moisturiser instead off barrier cream?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siennax1

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but do you find that barrier cream can cause tide marks on the skin even when it's applied sparingly??
Though I tell my clients to apply it sparingly on their knuckles, elbows,knees feet etc, I find that on myself I can get tide marks on my kness and elbows and then wonder if my clients do?? I apply it lightly on myself to.

I'm not sure whether to just stick to getting my clients to apply moisturiser from now on as a barrier just before I spray them??

I tell my clients not to apply moisturiser on the day that I am coming to them.
I then apply a light coating to them myself, on their palms, heels, knees and elbows and I have never had a problem with tide marks or any areas tanning lighter or or not at all.
hths

I don't use barrier cream or any cream. I never have done.
Why don't you just try a different brand?
xxx

xxx

Yea may do, or I may just buy a moisturiser and try it on myself when I next get a tan

x

I think there's a big difference between barrier cream and oil-free moisturiser and I wouldn't apply barrier cream anywhere other than the real bottom of the feet and to protect finger/toenails.

I use a smidgen of oil-free moisturiser on clients' knees, elbows and if their hands are exceptionally dry and get good results with this method.

xx

I think there's a big difference between barrier cream and oil-free moisturiser and I wouldn't apply barrier cream anywhere other than the real bottom of the feet and to protect finger/toenails.

I use a smidgen of oil-free moisturiser on clients' knees, elbows and if their hands are exceptionally dry and get good results with this method.

xx

Ok I will try that tomorrow evening. Barrier cream is very think and even with a small amount it can sometimes be still too much

Me again!! :)

I've bought Nivea non greasy moist so I will give it a go later and see how I get on with it!!

xxx

You are dead right..although its not the brand that makes the difference its the technique which if correct there really is no need to use barrier creams...in some cases where there is extreme patches of dry skin a good heavy moisturiser will do the necessary for you.

Tide marks...no need for em if you do it right :hug:

I've never had any complaints and all seems to go well. It's the way I was taught in my training about allways applying barrier cream. It's just that now I'm more confident at spraying I am in two minds?? :hug:

Latest posts

Back