This has never happened to me before-no tan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautygeek20

Reaction score
I have done loads and loads of spray tans and I'm usually fine, however I spray tanned a woman last night who was very pale. We went for the 8% but as I was spraying her skin nothing was showing up. I decided to use the 12% and the same happened. I sprayed the tan onto a kitchen towel and it was coming out as it's meant to but every time I sprayed her skin nothing would show. I eventually had to use the 16% and even that wasn't giving a dark tan.
I am baffled :/
I asked if she had used any moisturiser and she said that she had just showered an hour before and had nothing on. I tanned her friend before her and she came out looking very dark so my gun was fine.
Has this every happened to anyone ??

It's possible that when she showered she used some kind of cream shower gel that stayed on the skin causing a barrier x

Is your gun blocked? This happened to me and it had got clogged. Luckily had a spare gun!x

nope gun was fine, I always make sure i clean it out at the end of every day. Her friend before was fine and when i spray onto kitchen towel it was coming out dark how it usually does when i spray it so was something to do with her skin.
I did think about the shower gel too but she said she just used a bar of soap, could this be it? usually people shower before and their fine. The only other thing i could think was that she said she keeps getting hot flushes and thinks she is going through menopause so maybe if she is sweating this could affect it?
strange x

Oh really? That is strange, yeah it could be that I guess! I constantly clean my gun but it still broke [emoji27]

I would have thought if it was sweating it would have just been localized areas like her head, armpits, feet etc... I dont think it would be here entire body tbh. (I get lots of hot flushes :( )

probably something she showered with xx

Would love to know the outcome........did it ever develope, or was it a 'NO-SHOW' :oops:
I use 8% on myself, and the guide colour isn't so obvious, but it does go a nice golden colour.

I think you have hit the nail on the head - if she is going through he menopause it will have a big impact on her skin (anything hormone related can affect the outcome, time of the month, pregnancy etc).
Ask her to use a wash recommended by you (as you'll know its not a potential barrier) patch test her (arm or top of her thigh) and if it happens again it is her hormones and theres not much you can do other than try and try again :confused::oops:

Latest posts

Back