Thought provoking thread! If you could go back or forward in time where would you go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a personal level I would go back 10 years and not dump my future hubby the first time we were an item!! (FYI -- we went out together when we were 15/16, i dumped him cos I didn't like all the attention he used to get! we bumped into each other 3 years ago and ended up together again)

On a historical level I would go back to the time of the mayan indians in central america

Could I be cheeky and ask to go back a little bit and then forward a bit?? if so, i'd pick my first option and then go forward 10 years to see whats happening in our family!

If i'm not allowed I'd take the second option, and get my moneys worth by going way way back!!!!! LOL!!

Great thread!

I often wonder about this....what if I'd not dumped hubby no1?
Would we have had a fantastic life?
But...then I think NO because I wouldn't have my Rachel..and without her I can't imagine life.
Things happen for a reason sometimes x

Your right about things happening for a reason, just sometimes i wish i hadn't have gotten rid of him!! i wouldn't have wasted 5 years with my first hubby and we could have all that time together....but on the other hand our lives would be totally different...and obviously our paths were meant to cross again! since the night we met again we have been almost inseperable!

Well, if I could travel backwards and forwards in time, I would be Dr Who's new assistant wouldn't I???
That has always been my dream job especially since David Tennant took over!!!
Therefore I wouldn't care where or when I ended up.......I would just be happy to be having adventures with him!!! :Grope:

me to me to me to oh the adventures :Grope: ummmm David Tennant

Is this HIM????????????
EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Attachments

• tennant.bmp
    41.1 KB · Views: 31
I would go back to when I found out I was pregnant.

I sooo loved that pregnancy/new mum thing, I would love to do it all again. Even the smell of Johnsons baby powder takes me right back there!

Attachments

• 304-2-100.jpg
    304-2-100.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 301-3-100.jpg
    301-3-100.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 65
I WOULD BE A WARRIOR PRINCESS OF COURSE!!!
Then i would travel the globe while being followed by my sassy side kick.. in search of Strider or a lucious pirate!!!:green:

Or a fantastic female rock sater in the 70's and have my way with all the fancy rock star men!:green:

xena1.jpg

xena4.jpg

aragornFG02.jpg

cptsparrowFG01.jpg

If i could go back..it would be to a time when my daughter wasn't a know all stroppy teenager with attitude, my son shorter and less intimidating than me and when everything wasn't headed south!! :lol:

LMAO..I agree with ya!!

I would go back to the late 40's early 50's era. HotRods, Hot Women, Rock and Roll ( no rap) and the freedom to be who you are without uncle sam looking over your shoulder. A time period where life was innocent and fun!

We didn't get bombarded with the news media reporting on all the deaths, murders and world disasters. There were only 3 channels to chose from!

Oh But gee, then there wouldn't be any computers either and Salon geek wouldn't be around either. ;)

1950's America. How cool would that be? Post war affluence, fab clothes, fab music and a young Elvis. Mmmmmmm

BTW, why do nearly half our chit chat threads end up with us drooling over sex gods?:lol::lol::lol:

I would go back to when I was 18...and this time I would NEVER start smoking. But I suppose it goes with the old saying.....if I could do it again and know what I know now. :irked:

If I could go back with the advantage of hindsight I would go back to before the kids were born. I would have spent the time backpacking round the world with my hubby and see more of the world before they came along without any responsibility. Now we have to wait for AGES before we may ever get the chance to do it!

some great replys geeks thanks!

If I could go back with the advantage of hindsight I would go back to before the kids were born. I would have spent the time backpacking round the world with my hubby and see more of the world before they came along without any responsibility. Now we have to wait for AGES before we may ever get the chance to do it!

I like this answer... i too would have done more before my kids were born.. but i would have done it Solo.. I never seem to be able to have time to myself now.. let alone travel alone!!Soon as my kids can fend for them selves im taking myself on a cruise baby!!:green:

just catching up on all the threads and my brains too frazzled to think at the moment :lol: i would go back to before my brother and my mum died and tell em things i should have said , i would go back and not go out with the biggest loser ever , lol
i would go back and carry on driving lessons at 17 instead of stopping and starting and not passing till i was 29 :lol:
ooh too much stuff
ooh i would go back to egyptian times coz i like all the mummy stuff :lol:

Latest posts

Back