Thread Veins.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoriah

Reaction score
Hi,

Could anybody help out here please?
Our secretary has been off for weeks now due to depression. We have all tried to help her but until now she has not wanted to talk about anything.
This morning she opened her heart to me and her problem is facial thread veins. To be honest I had not even noticed them, she pointed them out and they are there a little, not noticeable unless you really look etc. Anyway, they bother her. She said that her GP has not been helpful
I'm thinking about paying for her to get treatment but know nothing about them, does anyone know if they can be removed safely? Or can anyone tell me anything about this subject please?

Thanks,

V.

Poor lady, I am glad she has told you as this will take a weight off her mind.

You can treat these effectively with electrolysis (especially miraculous on spider naevi) or with laser treatment. I don't know so much about the laser treatment but the electrolysis treatment for want of a better word "melts" the sides of the expanded threads vein together so that blood can no longer pass through them. It is an instant effect you can literally see it happen before your eyes! (sorry that's not a very technical description). A little probe is inserted into the capillary and the currents heat is passed through.

As the skin gets older these problems are more evident as the skin becomes more thin and fragile.

There are then measures you can take to prevent reoccurance e.g taking biolflavonoids http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy...cine/remedies_supplements.shtml#bioflavonoids and not treating the skin agressively- no face scrubs, no extremes in temperature which puts pressure on the capillaries therefore no hot showers/sauna/steam and tepid water for cleansing, no sun exposure (wearing sun screen). x

After the treatment the therapist should be able to advise on skin care but if not Collin do a great treatment line called calmo derme which will help soothe and also Sothys do a fragile capillary range.

Hi Victoriah

I know of someone with an excellent reputation who can help your friend out, she is about 15 mins away from MK, I will pm you details.

K x

Latest posts

Back