Threading with skin graft?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenna

Reaction score
Hi just wondering can anyone help me out, my friend had a skin graph three months ago on nose and there is hairs on the graph which she was looking to thread. Would this be ok?
Thanks

Personally I would wait 6 months for the scar/graft to heal before threading.
Normally you need to wait 6 months before performing treatments over surgical areas.

Graft areas can continue to be sensitive for many years so your friend might not be able to tolerate any treatment on or near the site.

Your friend probably won't want to hear this especially if she has the normal dark hairs that grow from a skin graph but give it at least 6 months. After that she should be fine, sorry to contradict Klassy Klaws but in my experience on the actual skin graph you lose feeling after so she probably won't feel a thing.

Your friend probably won't want to hear this especially if she has the normal dark hairs that grow from a skin graph but give it at least 6 months. After that she should be fine, sorry to contradict Klassy Klaws but in my experience on the actual skin graph you lose feeling after so she probably won't feel a thing.

I'm going by experience as one of my clients has a graft on her face and my daughter has a skin graft on her arm and both say that they are defiantly more sensitive than their normal skin.
I would imagine everyone will be different.
Best to check with the client :)

I have a skin graft on my head at my hairline. I don't have alot of feeling in it but can feel wee bits. I wouldn't say it's overly sensitive. It's really upto you, you could try removing a couple and see how it goes. Personally, if it were me I would have done my own if there were hair on it. Perhaps she would be better tweezing them herself.

Skin grafts are very different from scars so she should check with her surgeon/consultant to see if this is possible. I had a large flap repair on my leg when they removed my Sarcoma and now have black hairs growing from the area where I had radiotherapy. It is more sensitive now the nerves are coming back to life but a very weird feeling too.

I do think it's too early for waxing but not sure about threading so just get her to check about that or plucking. :green:

Thanks for all your help. She is going to wait a while longer to give it more healing time

Latest posts

Back