Thumb or Little finger?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which way do you carry out your treatment?

• pinki on left hand all the way to pinki on right

Votes: 80 28.7%
  • pinki on right hand all the way to pinki on left

Votes: 69 24.7%
  • pinki left to thumb then pinki right to thumb

Votes: 60 21.5%
  • pinki right to thumb then pinki left to thumb

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • some other way

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

* Nail Freak *

Reaction score
Hi all, whilst training i have been taught the start with the thumb during manicures and the little finger with enhancements, it may only be me..lol who has been taught this way so i do apologise if so! so for each treatment do you start with the little finger for both or the thumb etc?:)

the only thing is now i am so used to starting at the thumb (mani's) that i am finding it hard to get out of the habit whilst doing enhancements :smack: !

Thanks all hugs xxx

I was tought in the same way as you hun,however whatever i am doing now i start from the little finger on the left hand,whatever works for you best !

hiya hun thanks for your reply, i think i will start from the little finger first from now on, just feels better! xx

I was taught the other way with the pinky 1st

I have been taught to also start with the pinky finger first,sometimes clients will put their thumb first but i always start with pinky first,i do not think i can ever break the habit because it just feels right to start with the pinky.

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

I was taught to start with the client's pinky on their left hand. I do this for all services. Can't see what difference it makes as long as you're comfortable with what you do and get into the habit of doing it the same way so you don't miss a step.

I was taught to start with the pinky on the left hand and work to the thumb. Then I go to the pinky on the right hand and work to the thumb.
Michele

I start with the pinki on thier right hand and work right through to the pinki on the left, dont know if this is because I am left handed though,I have a feeling I have been told since that I am not doing it correctly but it works for me.

I work from pinky on clients left hand to thumb as I too am left handed.
It works better for enhancments cos then your clients ''worked on fingers'' go over your hand out of the way.

Thank you all for your replies!!! xxxx

I always start from pinky to thumb on both hands, first I do their right hand (my left) and then their left hand... I've always done it the same, whether it's enhancements or manicures, same for pedicures...
I suppose it's whatever you get used to and feels comfortable.

ValencianNails said:
I always start from pinky to thumb on both hands, first I do their right hand (my left) and then their left hand... I've always done it the same, whether it's enhancements or manicures, same for pedicures...

I do it this way too

jac extreme said:
I start with the pinki on thier right hand and work right through to the pinki on the left, dont know if this is because I am left handed though,I have a feeling I have been told since that I am not doing it correctly but it works for me.

This is exactly how I was taught and I still do it this way, oh and I'm right handed...I don't think it makes a difference and if it works for you it's *correct* :)

It works for me because the wet product on the nails is always behind me as I work from my left to right, if that makes any sense :rolleyes: so if you are the slightest bit clumsy like me, you don't accidentally bump into it with your arms or hands. I can't stand that feeling on my skin!

Laura x

jac extreme said:

I start with pinkie on their right hand and work my way across - I am also left-handed so I think that is why. I was never told a 'right' and 'wrong' way so I've just done what felt right to me

I was always taught from pinky to thumb...

This would have made a very interesting poll.....:lol:

Go for it ms matrix !! xxxxxxxx

:) Hi i start from right pinkie to right thumb & then left pinkie to left thumb, i think as long as you have a regular routine & whats best for you:)

ValencianNails said:

I do everything this way.....I was taught the opposite ( left) but I prefer this way for me .....

Well i have added a poll to the thread ! (many thanks to jac!!!:hug: ) will be interesting to see the outcome! xxx

Latest posts

Back