Thunderstorms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily Case

Reaction score
I am going to be exhausted tomorrow...

I was woken up half an hour ago by the loudest thunder I've ever heard in my life and now there's a pyrotechnics show going on right above my house.

I hate to admit it but it terrifies me being upstairs and I can only watch the storm for so long before shutting my eyes tight and curling up into a ball!!

Have the storms hit anyone else yet? I'm in Folkestone, Kent...

Xxx

Yep, I'm up right now , have been for around an hour now. The thunder woke me up and now with all my tossing and turning trying to get back to sleep, especially in this terrible heat, I've disturbed my baby and now sitting here feeding him. I'm in north london .

I'm in Essex and was just awake by a massive rumble, now it's a huge storm. Just ran around the house closing windows hoping it won't wake my 15 month old!!

Rain has arrived!!!

Awaiting a power cut!

I'm in essex and wAs woken at 4. Hate the noise and now can't get back to sleep x

Yup having thunder where i am. It doesnt bother me in the slightest in fact i love a good thunderstom as i get thunder headaches so i feel very refreshed after one but been down to see the dogs as they have been wimpering they are that petrified bless them. Even the cat was unsure so came for a cuddle which is rare as she doesnt really do cuddles

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes my son just woke me up about 30 mins ago he's only 15 months and since his windows was wide open it was bound to wake him up

On sofa watching cloud babies now ;-)

Unless I slept right through it, (which I know it didn't because I spent the night tossing and turning), we've not had much in Gloucestershire. Had a bit of rain and lots of rumbles but that's about it. Went to bed with a splitting headache and woken up with one so can only assume its still to come over in the SW.

We've had it here in stoke woke up to a massive bang right above the house, a flash of lightening and then 2 full grown collies and a pug climbing on the bed!!!
Me and my boyfriend just stood in the window watching the storm pass- I've never seen it rain so much. I love storms but only if I've got some one else to protect me, if I'm on my own I'm a scaredy cat!

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Storms have hit Cheshire - fantastic to watch! Think I'm going to be kind and the children a lift to school as it's a 20 minute walk to the train station and it is very wet outside!

I woke up at 5 this morning from hearing a massive rumble and been awake ever since 😒 X

It also woke me up at four. Big Bang of thunder and the lightening lit up my room. I love thunder and lightening so it didn't bother me. My husband and kids slept right through it. Just heard a rumble of thunder and had a bit of rain right now. I'm in Mottingham, Kent.

I've been tracking the storms since yesterday and apart from a rumble at 06.05 we in Southampton have had nothing.
The radar showed it coming in hitting a wall then ebbing away.
I love a good storm but would prefer a night time one as they are fab to watch, my 4yro was discusted she had to go to bed last night instead of storm waiting lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

My boyfriend and I both woke up to the loudest thunder I've ever heard at about 2am, then I made him get up and go round the house shutting the windows when the rain started to hit the bed! It went on until about 4 in Greenhithe and then the thunder started again when I got up at 6 - was a scary cycle to the station this morning!

Northamptonshire had horrible thunder from 1-2 :( now there's a torrential downpour still thunder and lightning and guess what idiot has no coat or jacket on!! X

It's been thundering and lightening here since 5am and still going.
Its quite refreshing, because it always clears the air.
I'm not scared of it but when it wakes you in the middle of night it scares me abit because you think omg what's going on.
About 10/11 years ago we had an earthquake in the middle of the night, that was abit freaky too wake up too :eek:
I'm in halesowen, West midlands x

It best brighten up for weekend I've planned to have a BBQ Saturday 😁x

Im not sure if it started earlier here in manchester as iv had a sleepless night but had to jump out of bed with my husband at 6am to run around the house and close all the windows, that we stupidly left open from yesterday, when the rain started pouring into the house!! We ended up sitting in the lounge watching the lightening, we love watching storms!! Our 3 year old didn't even stir, she will sleep through anything!

It woke me up through the night. Scared the hell out of me and in the process kept waking the OH up. I really dont like storms and thunder. It was so so loud last night.

My little ones slept right through it. They are obviously made of tougher stuff than me :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back