Tightening up ends every 3 weeks - weave

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLou3003

Reaction score
Hey all

I have a client who books in with her refit of her weave every 6/7 weeks which is great. But after the first 2/3 weeks after her refit I always get a message saying "an end has come loose". I've been doing her hair since January and I must have seen her 20 times. No joke. I don't have this with anyone else, just her. And when I go to see her it's hardly loose. She is a really nice girl and we get on really well, but it's getting annoying now cause I will go to her because I work 15 mins away rather than her coming to me which is 25 mins away. I don't know how to make the end tighter so it has no way of moving!!

Can you not explain its feels lose as its dropped which is now it's supposed to feel. If she then insists on having it tightened charge her a hourly maintenance charge

However you are installing, when you have finished, at each end of the weft, take a small section of the weft and a small section of the natural hair next to the end of the weft, pull both sections together through, push ring to and clamp, keeping as flat as possible. For added security use two micro rings on the end sections. Do this on each end of all the rows. This should be more secure and less likely to become loose at all! Hth

Last edited:
I have clients who say to me "it feels loose". When I see them, the weave is fine! Growth is even and nothing is loose. If I ask them how it looks, they say "fine". Now I just tell them it doesn't matter how it 'feels' when you touch it with your finger, as long as it looks good

I had a few that tis was happening too after a week or so. I was doubting my method. Then i realised that the other 95% of my clients with weaves in had them in for a lot longer some up to 3.5 months with no trouble. Usually they are pulling them or tying their hair up to tight. I even called my trainer to ask them too and they advised that. Just go through rush techniwues and make sure your leaving a little bit of the weft overhanging the bead.

However you are installing, when you have finished, at each end of the weft, take a small section of the weft and a small section of the natural hair next to the end of the weft, pull both sections together through, push ring to and clamp, keeping as flat as possible. For added security use two micro rings on the end sections. Do this on each end of all the rows. This should be more secure and less likely to become loose at all! Hth

Do you mean the ring will then be on show and not covered by the weft then?

Hi, it isn't covered by the weft, no, but equally it doesn't show any more than the end of the weft itself would if hair parted. Just makes it more secure and less easy to snag whilst brushing or causing ends to become loose.

Latest posts

Back