Tigi Dumb Blonde?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plonkster

Reaction score
Bought it on recommendation from my tutor. (Got the double pack with the reconstructor from Sally's) but have since read some dreadful reviews on it! Does anyone here use it in their salons or at home? How do you find it?

We used to use it when i was at salon, but i never liked it tbh. X

We use it & sell alot of it in our salon. :D

I read that's it's not for daily use, as it's more like a protein treatment, is that right?

I read that's it's not for daily use, as it's more like a protein treatment, is that right?

Yes that is correct. I wouldnt recommend using it more that 3 times a week.

Yes that is correct. I wouldnt recommend using it more that 3 times a week.

Ah ok. Thanks. Wish it said that on the bottle :| wish if bought matrix for blondes now, I really love that one.

Ah ok. Thanks. Wish it said that on the bottle :| wish if bought matrix for blondes now, I really love that one.

It varies from hair type to hair type.

Love it you shouldnt wash your hair daily anyway I tell my clients to use it for few months then use something else.. :d

I love it ! X

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I love it, although I had to stop using it very regularly because some of my white blonde highlights starting turning blue-ish! :)

I'm not a hair dresser but I've used this in the past and it's the worst shampoo and conditioner I've ever used!
The shampoo smelt like cat wee and the conditioner had such a weird texture..
But I noticed when I went the warehouse that the packaging has changed so maybe the formula has too?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Tigi shampoos arnt my favourite. I don't anything that's sold in pound land or B&M

Yes they sell tigi in b'n'm now

Tigi shampoos arnt my favourite. I don't anything that's sold in pound land or B&M

It will be discontinued stock as most of the Tigi range has had a massive overhaul in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Hi sorry just crashing from nail geek! I bought the duo pack from salon services and this makes my hair feel nasty! Is it just not right for my hair or am I doing something wrong? My hair has gone so dry and just feels like there's a lot of product in it 😞
If anyone can help Id appreciate it, don't want to throw it!

I do not rate this product at all. I only use it every now and again and even doing it this way it's not good. It makes my hair feel like it's got really bad product build up on it and it's nothing to do with the way I've washed it out. I've really scrubbed at it. Not impressed is my opinion !

Charbelle... Try a clarifying shampoo , helps to remover product build up :)

Tbh i dont really like any tigi products, especially not their shampoo or conditioner. There are better quality products out there that are better value for money.

The reason it feels the way it does is because if the protein booster technology. Protein naturally goes hard so it stiffens inside the cortex, doesn't feel to good but it's doing your hair a lot of good if it's needed. To stop this you could use the dumb blonde reconstructor as a treatment for 5-7 mins then follow with a moisture based conditioner to add softness. Dumb blonde contains silk powder which helps the hair absorbe moisture.

Latest posts

Back