Tim Burton Style Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebecca1987

Reaction score
Hey

I have had a customer asking for Tim Burton style Nails, anybody got any ideas, i can offer her different minx designs, i have looked on internet too have a couple of ideas, just wondered if anyone has done this style before or any ideas.

Thank you

Becky xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Humbug stripes? Drippy blood?

I would assume anything a bit crudely gothic would be ok.

Why not ask what she had in mind?

Last edited:
If you are artsy try black with red tips or tuxedo pin stripes with little red dots on a few or red flowers. Maybe black with little skulls wearing pink bows?
How about a graphite grey reverse French with a black lunula.

one of butons trademarks is stripes, black and red or red and black, also, consider the trees in sleepy hollow and nightmare before christmas. jack skellingtons face would be quite easy to reproduce. don't just "do goth" tim burton has really distinctive style

one of butons trademarks is stripes, black and red or red and black, also, consider the trees in sleepy hollow and nightmare before christmas. jack skellingtons face would be quite easy to reproduce. don't just "do goth" tim burton has really distinctive style

I don't think I have seen his work. Who is he?

He is an American film Director, Producer and Writer. He has done many films but the ones I can think of are:

Edward Scissorhands
Beetlejuice
Sleepy Hollow
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Corpse Bride
Sweeney Todd
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Alice in Wonderland

If you've seen some of these films you will get the general style x

Please post some pics of what u decide to do! Can't wait to see what u come up with x

Thank you for all your posts, So far i have just done Minx nails for her, but i am will to experience, see what i can come up with, shame im not much of a painter. Thanks again.

Becky

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow these are great designs wish my clients were a bit more adventurous !! :)

wow these are amazing, thank you all for your help.

I think you should do something from corspe bride...if she loves navy blue/black white, skulls,lace etc. alice in wonderland if she likes vibrant colour/poker cards.
Or sweeny todd...is obviously blood red! beetlejuice is purple,spider patterns, stripes and poka dots. Id be tempted to use my konad stamper!hths xoxo

I think you should do something from corspe bride...if she loves navy blue/black white, skulls,lace etc. alice in wonderland if she likes vibrant colour/poker cards.
Or sweeny todd...is obviously blood red! beetlejuice is purple,spider patterns, stripes and poka dots. Id be tempted to use my konad stamper!hths xoxo

they are amazing Jess - I have a friend who would literally bite your hand off ( forgive the pun lol ) for nails like that :d

Tap into YouTube Tim Burton nails & one of them are Michelle Phan copies (she does lady Gaga etc) by the nail duchess, that might give you some ideas!!
Take care
Fionax

Where would i buy a konad stamper, how easy are they to use?

Thank you

Latest posts

Back