Time off after Gallbladder op!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All done!!

Was told by the surgeon (not my original one due to them squeezing me in on another list) that he initially didn't want to do it due to my previous stomach surgery! But he made me a deal that if he put the camera in and there was no way to do it safely with the camera surgery that he would just abandon the op!

Luckily it all went ok, no more gallbladder, no problems with the surgery and after a very long night in hospital I am home and bored already!!

Thanks for all your well wishes xx

Did they advise how long you need to be off work for at all?

from Debbie's HTC Sense

nope - just fairly keen to get me out of the bed as soon as they could! Got 4 dressings on and no idea what do with them either!
Think I will make an appointment with my GP on Monday!! xx

Hospitals used to notify your surgery so a district nurse could attend to check on bandages and wounds. I'd certainly give yr gp practice a call. Didn't the hospital give you a discharge letter for you to give to them?

from Debbie's HTC Sense

nope - just fairly keen to get me out of the bed as soon as they could! Got 4 dressings on and no idea what do with them either!
Think I will make an appointment with my GP on Monday!! xx

Heeee heeee, we can compare notes! I had staples on my wounds and had to get them out 10 days after the op, it was at a kind of district nurses clinic at a health centre in town. I had Opsite dressings on and was told to leave them on, they gave me a couple spare in case any came off. I was really sore after a few days so went to the practice nurse, who said that I was getting a reaction from the dressing adhesive. Used some different ones. I had 4 dressings on, one just below/in belly button, one up under boobs and central, one out near to my hip (this was for the drain I had in) and then one between that and the first one.

I've done some work this week (some sewing, alterations etc , plus some treatments -shellacs and brow waxing) and been out singing for rehearsal on Thursday night, Friday lunch and then for a couple of hours for a gig today.
Visited another Geek *waves to Redduck!* which was fun. We first met up on the Shellac training session.

Now I'm absolutely pooped! Planning a couple of quieter days, although I do have some sewing work on.

Did they advise how long you need to be off work for at all?

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Hospital originally told me 2 weeks, but then found out that they can't give you a note for more than 2 weeks, to get another from my GP. I rang up 2 weeks after the op and they have given me another 2 weeks.

I'm feeling much better, but not back to normal yet by any means.

Latest posts

Back