Time off after Gallbladder op!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to say, hope it goes well and wish a speedy recovery x

Sent from my HTC Desire

From what I've heard from other sufferers, once it's established that there is a gallbladder problem, they do like to get the thing removed, as it's quite likely that there may be further - possibly more severe- episodes in the future. Girl in the bed opposite me had only had one really bad attack at Christmas, but been told she should have it out sooner rather than later. Friend also had a fairly short history of biliary colic (related, I think the stones are in the duct) and was told in no uncertain terms it should come out ASAP.

It is a lot more common than I realised!

So, I called ahead this am to be told it was ok to go in as there was a bed for me. Got to the hospital to be told that unfortunately the bed had been given to an emergency patient and had to reschedule my op.

I was so upset I cried! Those poor nurses that had the horrid task to tell me that it was off, I actually felt sorry for them and even the surgeon apologised!

So am now booked in next Thurs instead, cue lots of rearranging appointment etc but at least its only another week!

Mine is the first op they have had to cancel for months! Typical! x

I forgot to say, hope it goes well and wish a speedy recovery x

Sent from my HTC Desire

thank you - hope you get yours sorted quickly too! xx

I have just read with much interest. Recently had scan and found kidney stone, which doesn't cause any problem but also found a gallstone. I have been in severe pain since Tuesday and only found out Thursday its fairly large. I continued to work but not slept a wink. Seen emergency gp today and put on antibiotics for gallbladder infection. Feel c*@p. Gp said prob have to be removed. What joy!

Sent from my HTC Desire

you are lucky you got it sorted hun i eneded up in hospital for a week once on iv antibiotics for a gall bladder infection , gawd theyre a pain alright !! hope you get it out asap xxx

Another sufferer here. Just been to have a scan and had gallstones confirmed. Suffering really badly with them. Hoping that when the hospital send the scan details to my GP she recommends the op... fingers crossed. And thats coming from a hospital phobic so must say the pain is bad!

have you all been advised what things to avoid eating ? i thought eating salads and veg is good becasue no fat in it but it can actually be really hard to digest !! i actually was so bad i lived in slim fast shakes because any solid food i ate had me in agony .. it was fab for weight loss .. sadly it didnt stay off , lol

Rachel, you poor girly. I bet you never slept a wink knowing D day was here and then this happens. Never mind the fact that your self employed and have to re-jiggle everything. Hope Thursday all turns out ok.

On another note, I've been eating salads, no wonder I'm still in pain. GP said it should be fine. Not sure if antibiotics are working, after 3 days no improvement. Only 2 more days left :(

Sent from my HTC Desire

Towards the end, it didn't matter what I ate or drunk. I felt tired, sick and bloated from the minute I woke up. It also gave me chronic IBS.
Since I had it out the IBS has gone and the bloating. I no longer feel sick when I eat and I think this is the longest I have gone without vomiting.
I went back to work today, 10 days after my op. I am still tender and tired but I had little choice, I just cannot afford to be off work right now. I could of probably done with another week off, so if you can afford 2, then do it. :)

when mine was infected hun they actually starved me at the hospital for 3 days .. so if you can just drink slim fast then i would recommmend it ... at least it has nutrients in so you dont get all weak and yukky xx

I have slimfast to hand Dee, so think will give it a go. Anything to stop this pain. I wouldn't mind but blooming hurts just moving about. Thankfully no sickness involved

from Debbie's HTC Sense

So sorry to hear you got bumped off the list for today. I was dreading that happening.

Is there still a product available called Complan? I think this is probably more nutritionally complete than Slimfast, which is designed to lose weight.

I found that it wasn't so much what I ate, as when I ate it and in what quantity. I couldn't eat bigger meals and found that the later I ate, the more chance I had of going to bed with pain. Until the last month or so, it was usually at night once I laid down that I got the pain.

I got some stronger painkillers from my GP at that time. THis helped.

I had my op a week ago today and I'm still shuffling round and sore. I saw the nurse yesterday who said the drain hole wasn't closed properly, so she steri stripped it and also I've got quite a bit of irritation from the plaster adhesive on one of the wounds. Other than that I'm tired but fine. I'm going to need at least another week. I'm afraid I might have a bridesmaid dress to do in a couple of days time which is a nuisance, but she's been in Oz. Hoping to get back and doing some Shellacs in a few more days.

Crikey, I rememeber Complan :). Slimfast would be good for me though as could do with losing the extra weight.

Sincerely hope it went well today Rachel and you secured a bed. Big, soft, gentle hugs

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Its next thurs (16th) I am booked in for so still a week to go :(
Its amazing how many people suffer with gallstones though, far more common than I thought!
xx

Oops, didn't read properly, well I wish you well anyway because I probably forgot x

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Oops, didn't read properly, well I wish you well anyway because I probably forgot x

from Debbie's HTC Sense

ha ha thank you :) Am looking forward to it in an odd way! xx

Fingers crossed Rachel, hope all goes well

from Debbie's HTC Sense

thank you :)
The hospital called earlier to confirm my bed so fingers crossed by this time tomorrow I will be minus a gallbladder
xx

Good luck huni, and speedy recovery too, just take it easy and follow doc's advice.... xxxx

Latest posts

Back