times allocated for foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlaurax

Reaction score
hi hair geeks... wondering how much time u are allowed/ allow for foils in your salons?? we have to do a full head, no matter the length or what they are having done in and hour, sometimes its too long... but most of the time its not long enough!!

im such a perfectionist and hate the thought of anything coming back on me so i reeeeally take my time in making sure evrything is tip top! and i was an hour behind today :eek:

just wondering how long it takes all of you xxx

We allow an hour for full head and 30-45 mins (depending on client) for half head foils. HTH

Hi, same here about an hour for a full head , but if it is very thick it can take a bit longer longer ,
it can put a lot of pressure on you cant it ?

If they cannot give you any more time,
you may have to be forced to cut corners hun like spacing them out a bit more in the mid back under sections, :eek:
can't see you can do much else in the allocated time ,

but first have a word with your boss about it ask them is this acceptable ? they may just see sense and give you some extra time till you get a bit faster,

but at least if anyone comes back they cannot say you didn't ask them first.
good luck minky :hug: x

hi there i take into account length thickness and how many colours the client requires and then put a little extra time on for application normallyy a hour or 35/45 mins depending on length i do freelancing not salon :hug: you will evenually improve on you timing as you go along so dont worry so much and always follow manufactures instructions i prefer to use mesh when using bleach tho because you can see the colour through the plastic

same for me really, 45min half head 1hr full head, although as you say you never seem to stick to the time, even if its too much time or too little time. i had a booked up saturday last week and had a client of about 5/0 wanting to be blonde highlighted all over and she wanted a lot of highlights in. i only had 45min to do it!!! as you know with bleach highlights any mistakes show so it took me at least 1hr and half so was behind all day which really panicks me!

Well it all depends on the hair.

Mentioning no names but a certain geeks hair whom i did yesterday takes much longer. hhmmm hhhmmmm.
She is lurking here somewhere me thinks.:lol:

Very long and very thick and loads and loads of it . Loads of highlights all the way through. Different shades .Phew:!:

Normally its much quicker but it really does depend on the hair,and this geeky friend is never normal in all the world. !!!!
But she does make a lovely cup of coffee tho.:hug:

Elaine x

Well it all depends on the hair.

Mentioning no names but a certain geeks hair whom i did yesterday takes much longer. hhmmm hhhmmmm.
She is lurking here somewhere me thinks.:lol:

Very long and very thick and loads and loads of it . Loads of highlights all the way through. Different shades .Phew:!:

Normally its much quicker but it really does depend on the hair,and this geeky friend is never normal in all the world. !!!!
But she does make a lovely cup of coffee tho.:hug:

Elaine x

All I can say is :hug::hug: Elaine is the best, so patient with my super thick hair lol.

Rachel xx

Latest posts

Back