Timings - How long should it take to do ...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayleySullivan

Reaction score
How long to do

- eyelash perm
- eyebrow wax
- underearm wax

- lash tint
- eyebrow wax
- brow tint

How long do you think? How long where you trained to do them in?

Each system will have its own timings. Salon System will be different from Thuya will be different from Strictly Professional.

if you are training at college then the average timing should be in your log book or in the txt book that you are using for all these treatments .
angie x

As the others have said the answers to these questions should be in your notes, or if you have already started doing the treatments you must have a rough idea ?

If this information is not in your notes then I would be complaining to your tutor asap either that or get some decent nvq text books in. hths

the information is in my notes and all my coursebooks. i was just wondering how long it takes every1 else - was seeing how far off salon time etc that i am. i have passed my assessments at college and are up to all standards. i was just curious as to the speeds i could get up to.

i am not sure why there was no straight answers given to my question, i thought this site was to help and give advice!!

Hi, I think the timings you're given to complete treatments in NVQ/VTCT assessments are probably regarded as a fairly 'Upper' limit of commercial acceptability? At least, I think that was the case with mine, especially after reading about some of the supersonic speeds really experienced people can go at! :hug:

the information is in my notes and all my coursebooks. i was just wondering how long it takes every1 else - was seeing how far off salon time etc that i am. i have passed my assessments at college and are up to all standards. i was just curious as to the speeds i could get up to.

i am not sure why there was no straight answers given to my question, i thought this site was to help and give advice!!

Hi,

I think the reason you haven't got any straight answers is because lately there has been quite a lot of students asking for full answers to assignments and your question maybe came across that way.

I think the timings I go by are on my website but I allow myself a bit of extra time as I don't have receptionist to take payment, re book etc. Feel free to have a look.

I don't do eyelash perming so I cannot comment on your first set of timings but for your second I usually book out 30 mins xx

O ok. No i wasnt asking for coursework reasons - I finished that a while back.

I have been told acceptable salon timings and am keeping to them but thought with expirience i would get quicker.

thanks for explaining y i was gettin those replies!

eyelash perm
- eyebrow wax
- underearm wax

- lash tint
- eyebrow wax
- brow tint

Hi I know what you mean lol

eyelash perm usually takes 15 mins first part, 15 mins secand part but then allow for prep and consultation.

eyebrow wax, usually takes me 5 mins to do 5 mins for prep 5 mins for consultation

Underarm wax usually 10 mins with prep, 5 mins consutation

eyebrow tint,, usually 3 - 5 mins depending on depth client wants add on prep and consultation.

lash tint usually 10 mins then allow for prep and consutation

eyebrow wax usually 5 mins but if its a reshape add a bit more time plus prep and consultation.

If you are just starting out your timings wont be spot on it all comes with alot of practice,,

When i first started out i used to set a timer for the alotted time, BUT you must remember if you rush mistakes happen, so just take your time.

I prefer to give my clients that little bit extra to get the job done well.

Hope this helps what you where asking:)

Latest posts

Back