Tinting with no patch test?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenrose

Reaction score
Hiya
I have a girl just contact me asking for a lash & brow tint on thursday morning. I explained she would need to pop in for 2mins 2mr at some point to get a patch test done and she cant come in. Explained why I needed to do it and she said she has had tinting done loads of times before and been ok.
I have advised that I can go ahead with the tinting on thursday but I would need to get her to sign the consultation form stating that she is happy for the treatment to happen without a patch test.
Is this ok? Or should I call her up and apologise and say I cannot do the tinting unless she has the patch test

Do not do it... just not worth it... you will not be insured if you do and in todays claim for everything culture you may be in trouble... You could explain to her it is for her own good but be firm,

Hiya
I have a girl just contact me asking for a lash & brow tint on thursday morning. I explained she would need to pop in for 2mins 2mr at some point to get a patch test done and she cant come in. Explained why I needed to do it and she said she has had tinting done loads of times before and been ok.
I have advised that I can go ahead with the tinting on thursday but I would need to get her to sign the consultation form stating that she is happy for the treatment to happen without a patch test.
Is this ok? Or should I call her up and apologise and say I cannot do the tinting unless she has the patch test
we INSIST on patch tests where i work. It's just not worth it. We actually have a article stuck on the pinboard behind the desk i found in Look magazine a couple of years ago about a girl who had an eyelash tint done at a salon and she had a reaction and she nearly went blind. I always refer to this whenever a client quibbles about having 'had it done loads of times before'. :rolleyes:

Yes I agree, I always do patch tests for tinting & tanning, it's not worth that risk:!: I know it is hard when you get clients saying "they have had tints before", but I stand my ground on it, clients are usually ok with it, good luck :)

Thanks! Will let her know its a nono unless she can find the time to pop in 2mr!
I did tell her that she needs it done using my products as there could be something in it that wasnt in the products been used on her previously which could cause a reaction.

If she still complains, tell her you're not covered by your insurance if you don't do a patch test - which is true - so you cannot do it, whether you or she like it or not.

It's really not worth the risk. We had a client in just 2 weeks ago who had had her eyelashes tinted lots of time. We insisted on a patch test and straight away she had a reaction. Imagine if that had been anywhere near her eyes.
I've had clients moan before that they don't want to come in for a patch test but i always stand my ground. It's really not worth the risk. You can suddenly develop an allergy to a tint and at least your insurance will cover you if you've patch tested.

Latest posts

Back