Tip adhesive under nails !!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazbar

Reaction score
How can I get tip adhesive out from under my nails ?

In the interests of research (and cos I was feeling lazy :o) I had a full set applied in a local salon. However I am now regreting it as I have spent ages filing them into what I would call the correct shape and finish ! I have got tons of tip adhesive under my nails as well and can't think how to get rid of it. Any advice ?

In a way I'm glad I went though as it has given me a huge confidence boost as I thought to myself I can do so much better than that ! :)

She was supposedly a creative tech and although her certificates were on the wall she did not use one creative product and her techniques left a lot to be desired !

Loving the fact it gave you a confidence boost! LOL. If the glue is on your skin it should come off by itself soon enough, if its on the underside of the tip then I guess you'd have to pick it off -with something nice and sharp :). Dunno what else you could do! Maybe a cotton bud / orange stick & nail wipe type thing dipped in tip remover - VERY gently rubbed on underside? Worth a try!

Linds x

Loving the fact it gave you a confidence boost! LOL. If the glue is on your skin it should come off by itself soon enough, if its on the underside of the tip then I guess you'd have to pick it off -with something nice and sharp :). Dunno what else you could do! Maybe a cotton bud / orange stick & nail wipe type thing dipped in tip remover - VERY gently rubbed on underside? Worth a try!

Linds x

I have prised it off my skin lol. I can't stand that feeling.

Will have a go with something sharp tomorrow.

:eek: OMG please be careful with the sharp implement :hug:
you wont get a discount for a set of nine :lol:

:eek:.....and again .....:eek:
You're a nail tech hun, you know going under those nails with a sharp implement isn't a good idea surely,
As already stated, the oils in your skin will loosen the adhesive in no time,

:eek:.....and again .....:eek:
You're a nail tech hun, you know going under those nails with a sharp implement isn't a good idea surely,
As already stated, the oils in your skin will loosen the adhesive in no time,

Don't worry lol I have pulled the adhesive away from my skin but there is great big ledges of the stuff stuck to the tips !
I will very gently try and chip it off tomorrow or it will drive me insane :lol:

Thank you all for your concern tho :hug:

Latest posts

Back