Tip and dip?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TajMommy

Reaction score
Can some one tell me the process for this type of application? I am a nail tech in The Bahamas and I've never heard of this type of nail application....perhaps we call it something else. Thanks for your help!

I've not heard of it.

hi this system is also known as quick dip and its about all i use in my salon its brill thin, light and no lifting. use brush on resin paint on nail a bit like polish dip nail in acrylic powder use a soft brush to brush off excess powder repeat again then finally last layer of resin . when all nails have been done set with activator spray , file , block, oil and buff as usual
im sure once you use this system you wont look back
michele

hi this system is also known as quick dip and its about all i use in my salon its brill thin, light and no lifting. use brush on resin paint on nail a bit like polish dip nail in acrylic powder use a soft brush to brush off excess powder repeat again then finally last layer of resin . when all nails have been done set with activator spray , file , block, oil and buff as usual
im sure once you use this system you wont look back
michele

how are you doing french with this...?

The only way to do french with this system is
A) use white tips (and soak off and redo when they grow out)
B) paint on the french
C) dip in white powder which looks totally Yukka and poorly done.

It's a system that's great in a lot of ways. I did it for 15yrs, BUT now that I do UV Gel, I avoid it. I much prefer UV Gel, and only use it for 'temporary' nails such as for weddings and such.

tHANKS GUYS FOR YOUR RESPONSES! i'LL READ THE ARTICLE NOW.

i find that the reason quick dip is such a good system is because it is so light uv gel is ok but not suited to anyone with a soft nail as this is too flexible, i have a client base of more than 650 and never have any complaints and people keep coming and never change i have been using this system for nearly 3 years now and would never consider it temorary, if somebody wants a french finish you need to use french tips as you have to be well practised to get a good smile line
michele

if somebody wants a french finish you need to use french tips as you have to be well practised to get a good smile line
michele

thats what i thought...i used tip and dip for a while and it was quick easy and gave a nice looking nail...but re balances where a headache.

so what do you do with your french clients when the white has grown away from the natural smile line...do you soak off and redo every few visits...?

i infill until nat smile line shows thru normally 6 to 8 weeks and my clients are happy to do this, then i remove them and start again, but i can do this because my prices are cheap because the product is not expensive . also arter the product is removed the client is so pleased with their nat nail growth they often have overlays instead of tips then they can have their nails polished or i airbrush a french which last them their infill time anyway
michele

i find that the reason quick dip is such a good system is because it is so light uv gel is ok but not suited to anyone with a soft nail as this is too flexible,

I have several clients that started coming to me BECAUSE their natural nail was too soft, and they now have wonderful overlays that never chip, lift nor crack or break.
And those that had trouble maintaining overlays with tip/dip, do so very successfully now.
IN FACT, my own are paper thin and would 'tear', not break.
I now have VERY VERY long UV Gel overlays, that I NEVER break. Not since I fell down the stairs 2yrs ago and broke my tailbone at the same time.
Whereas, when I wore "tip & dip", I regularly broke them (about 1 or 2 every 2mths).

I'm not against tip & dip. I did it for 15yrs. But I'm happier with the UV Gel and so are my clients. Not a single one of them wants to return to the tip&dip.

To each their own, which is why we have so many different systems. They all have their own different pros and cons.
I just don't feel it's true to say that UV Gel is unsuited to those with soft flexible nails when my clients and myself have proven this statement to be untrue.

:hug:

i use tip and dip in my salon, i have been doing tip and dip for about 4 years i was the first training course i did just to get me into the industry.
i have to say i do prefer acrylic l&p just because i can be more creative with it i.e. glittery tips, but when i do natural overlays i do tip and dip because it is quick and effective and my clients love it.

x

i to have trained in this system ..... before gel it was all i knew !

i did go back and practise a set the other day on my trainer hand and found it was very cloudy and patchy so gave up with it.

is there a reason this is happening ?

Hi
You prep nail as usual but do not prime. Apply coat of brush on resin, apply another coat of resin then ask client to dip finger in acrylic powder, use soft brush to brush off excess powder. Apply another coat of resin and dip again, brush off excess again. Now apply two coats of resin and then spray with activator. Sand, buff etc. To get french look use white tips, no need to blend these. To do infils just prep nail as you usually would then apply two coats of resin and then dip nail once. Brush of excess and then coat of resin again, then spray activator and your done. Leave to harden and then sand, buff etc. Hope this helps

Hi
You prep nail as usual but do not prime. Apply coat of brush on resin, apply another coat of resin then ask client to dip finger in acrylic powder, use soft brush to brush off excess powder. Apply another coat of resin and dip again, brush off excess again. Now apply two coats of resin and then spray with activator. Sand, buff etc. To get french look use white tips, no need to blend these. To do infils just prep nail as you usually would then apply two coats of resin and then dip nail once. Brush of excess and then coat of resin again, then spray activator and your done. Leave to harden and then sand, buff etc. Hope this helps

when you brush off powder do you go over the whole nail or around the side walls ?

:) i too have used back scratchers extreme dipping system and agree its so easy any newbie geeks would get excited at how quick next to l AND P IT IS
But getting a lovely c curve etc on the nail cant be built up like using liquid and powder as easily ,The nails look great but flat .
Im a creative geek but use this on myself as i cant do my own right hand lol
and i love the fact they do not lift .

Hi

Over the whole nail making sure you lightly brush off the remaining powder. It works brill when doing a set on yourself also!

I use (2) different types of the "dip" nails - Star Nails "Acrygel" (which is gel/powder) and Vicki Peters "powdercoat" which is the Resin/powder method :hug: Both are very popular in our salon*

Hi Ladygold
New to all this. Could you tell me something about Acrygel please. How good is it? Does it give a better finish than just plain acrylic? I did a set on my daughter last night using acrylic powder with glitter bits in, lovely effect, added a couple of stones and she was made up.
Any info would be appreciated. Oh also do you still use resin/activator etc if using acrygel?
Thanks again

Hi Ladygold
New to all this. Could you tell me something about Acrygel please. How good is it? Does it give a better finish than just plain acrylic? I did a set on my daughter last night using acrylic powder with glitter bits in, lovely effect, added a couple of stones and she was made up.
Any info would be appreciated. Oh also do you still use resin/activator etc if using acrygel?
Thanks again

I was about to ask the same question! I am a new member, just finished college, but have bought Acrygel. As far as I am aware you use it like UV gel as it has to be cured. It has the strength of acrylic but the clearness of gel. Don't understand this as being a "dip" method. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thankx xx:hug:xx

Latest posts

Back