Tip blending

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxsarahj25xx

Reaction score
Hi so im 9 weeks from finishing my vrq lvl 2 nail technology, keep putting off my final assesment on acrylics as my blending isnt up to scratch. The assesment is a full well natural tip with acrylic overlay, so bad blending really shows. Im expecting alot of you to tell me its all down to practice, which i have been for the last 7 months but im still struggling. I find tht filing the well before applying the tip really helps as my file not to slide if that makes any sense! Just wondering if anyone has any useful tips, also what grit file do you use? My tutor insists a 180, a nail tech friend uses 80 grit. Tried both and it results in over or under blending!! Do any of you use tip blender? Ive tried it but it usually results in overblending. Any advice is always appreciated! Sometimes you just need to hear another pov! Dont know how relevant it is but the tips we use are the edge xx

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Hi I normally blend with a 180 grit and a White block also once u coming to the end of the blending dip a cotton bud into some acetone and do Some small circles along the blend line and then use the white block to finish offI used to use tip blender but found it took a lot longer also try some half well tips I no A.s.p do some good half well tips.
Hope this helps

If its any consolation we use the edge tips at college and they are crap- once you master blending those you'll find other tips easy :biggrin:
I use 180 grit file, 80 is way to coarse!!! I've never needed to use tip blender...
Try Proimpressions tips, they are fab and blend like a dream xx

I think a lot of the time it is down to the tips. CND tips ate fab so easy to blend no messing around. I personally wouldn't use a 80 grit to blend to harsh stick to a 180.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice! Hadnt thought of acetone to finish blending, tutor had told us to put it on 1st if we were to use it :s always juat steered clear of it! What files do you use? I find nsi are quite expensive but thy are really comfoetable to woek with the shape of them xx

I dnt really use any make of file I no sallys do a pack of 10 , 180 grit files for about 4 quid yh with acetone dnt go crazy with it i only do it at the end just once just finish it off nicely and then use your white block

Wow thanks! Cant wait to try these! Sadly i feel like these comments and that tutorial are more use than my tutor in college has been in 7 months ive been on my course!

Wow thanks! Cant wait to try these! Sadly i feel like these comments and that tutorial are more use than my tutor in college has been in 7 months ive been on my course!
Lovely as my tutor is, I've learnt so much more from this wonderful site already! She doesn't seem to know all that much at all.
Good luck with the rest of your course, I finish next month, when do you qualify?x

Course ends in june but i can leave once ive passed all assesments and tests, im about 80% through them all ::D

Latest posts

Back