tip&dip with white tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahlouise

Reaction score
hello

i have never posted a pic before....so please be kind to me:lol:
i would like some feed back from parts that don't look good?as i know i have got a loooooooooooooooong way to go till i am really any good.
I have used white tips 'star nails' and clear acrylic also star nails.

oooooooh,wheres the pic:irked:
i was sure i did it right when i was seting it up ooooh,can any one help me get my pic up? :hug:

just a lil boost!:rolleyes:

I guess it might be the size of your picture Sarah that is causing the problem. Have you tried making the picture size smaller?

sarahsnails.jpg

please keep in mind i have only been doing nails since sept 07,so not long xx

Last edited:
well done they look really good.the only thing i would say is that from looking at the thumb nail you could do with a bit more product in zone 3 near the cuticle area as it looks like abit of a hill from your apex to the cuticle.i know that you probably did this for fear of applying to much product in the cuticle area.
i thing that the shape is really nice and you have the balance for the pink and white good.also i think that you built up your apex really well and the product looks really flush to the natural nail at the cuticle area.so well done they look lovely,you should be really pleased with yourself. i also love how you dispalyed them in the picture,well done for being brave and posting.xx

well done they look really good.the only thing i would say is that from looking at the thumb nail you could do with a bit more product in zone 3 near the cuticle area as it looks like abit of a hill from your apex to the cuticle.i know that you probably did this for fear of applying to much product in the cuticle area.
i thing that the shape is really nice and you have the balance for the pink and white good.also i think that you built up your apex really well and the product looks really flush to the natural nail at the cuticle area.so well done they look lovely,you should be really pleased with yourself. i also love how you dispalyed them in the picture,well done for being brave and posting.xx
ooooh my!!!:o thank you for your kind words! i see what you mean about the thumb!thank you for pointing it out xxxxxx

Hi Sarah Louise what is tip and dip???

Hi Sarah Louise what is tip and dip???
i knew some one was going to say that:lol:
using resin and acrylic,you get client to dip nails into the acrylic after aplying the resin it is not often used,(as i have realised after doing the course) but i am going to offer these as weekend or party nails as they are not as good as l&p or last as long.

What so you put resin all over the nail and then dip in the powder??

ooooh my!!!:o thank you for your kind words! i see what you mean about the thumb!thank you for pointing it out xxxxxx
you're welcome.i hope i helped you.
tip and dip is not popular in my area either i did do fibreglass but i just did not have any call for it so i stopped offering it.maybe it might be worth you investing in doing an acrylic or gel course?xxx

you're welcome.i hope i helped you.
tip and dip is not popular in my area either i did do fibreglass but i just did not have any call for it so i stopped offering it.maybe it might be worth you investing in doing an acrylic or gel course?xxx

i sure am!! i am waiting to do my l&p course in march with 'pinks' i can't wait!!!just hope i get on well with it:rolleyes:

What so you put resin all over the nail and then dip in the powder??
errrm,its not that easy no,u do it in sections.type in 'tip and dip' in the search...loads of threads on it xx

i sure am!! i am waiting to do my l&p course in march with 'pinks' i can't wait!!!just hope i get on well with it:rolleyes:
im sure you'll be fine.your already going in with a head start on nails which is a bonus for you.good luck,im sure you will love it.xx

im sure you'll be fine.your already going in with a head start on nails which is a bonus for you.good luck,im sure you will love it.xx
:hug: thank you :hug:

Hi, I wear these nails, and normally wear them for 5 weeks, and then replace. I understand from reading other posts that these kinds of enhancements, arent suppose to be as strong as L+P/gel, but they arent bad. 5 weeks is a long old party.

Nice touch with the beads.

Hi, I wear these nails, and normally wear them for 5 weeks, and then replace. I understand from reading other posts that these kinds of enhancements, arent suppose to be as strong as L+P/gel, but they arent bad. 5 weeks is a long old party.

Nice touch with the beads.

i was advised to offer tip and dip for people that want nails just for a special occasion ie party,wedding ect!
5 weeks is good going,my dip n tips only look ok for two weeks then i got to replace them. x

boostin up the page abit:rolleyes:
can see pepps have looked but not many comments,would love some feedback,if you think there not very good,how could i improve them? apart from the thumb nail that i am aware off xxx thanks

i think that the tips could be a little shorter, to give a more elegant look we try to elongate the nail plate rather than just the tip. could you place the tip slightly more toward the free edge?

i am also noticing a little crystalising i think just above where the smile line is. is this maybe excess powder that was not soaked in by the resin?

overall though they are not a bad looking set, your sidewalls apear to be nice and straight and the tip length even:green:

I think I would have preferred a bit less white, but they look nice.

Latest posts

Back