tip&dip with white tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think that the tips could be a little shorter, to give a more elegant look we try to elongate the nail plate rather than just the tip. could you place the tip slightly more toward the free edge?

i am also noticing a little crystalising i think just above where the smile line is. is this maybe excess powder that was not soaked in by the resin?

overall though they are not a bad looking set, your sidewalls apear to be nice and straight and the tip length even:green:

thank you for your feed back,these nails have been shorten since taking that pic.so do you think i should place the tip more towards the free edge?does the placement of the tips not look aright?(sorry can't think how to word it)

hi again,i think she means that if you placed the tip more on the free edge then you will reveal more nail bed and this then means less white.the effect you will get will make the nail look more sleaker as it is elongating the nail bed aswell as the length.i hope that makes sense.xx

hi again,i think she means that if you placed the tip more on the free edge then you will reveal more nail bed and this then means less white.the effect you will get will make the nail look more sleaker as it is elongating the nail bed aswell as the length.i hope that makes sense.xx

A,ha:idea:
yes i see what you mean,thanks again tracey :hug:

Last edited:
anyone else... :rolleyes:

the tip on the little finger could have been placed nearer to the free edge

hi hun

i think they look ok, i too would move the white tip as near to the free edge as possible to give a longer 'pink' area and also shorten the white tip, which will give a nicer appearance, and as already been said, thumb looked a bit hilly, but you are going to work on that

the only other thing i could suggest is they dont look overly shiny, (but that could be the pic) are you refining them and buffing them afterwards to give a high gloss look, that would improve the overall look IMHO

hths xxxx

hi hun

i think they look ok, i too would move the white tip as near to the free edge as possible to give a longer 'pink' area and also shorten the white tip, which will give a nicer appearance, and as already been said, thumb looked a bit hilly, but you are going to work on that

the only other thing i could suggest is they dont look overly shiny, (but that could be the pic) are you refining them and buffing them afterwards to give a high gloss look, that would improve the overall look IMHO

hths xxxx

Thank you for your reply to pic,i shall start putting tips closer to free edge as you have advised..about the shine i use the 3 way girlfriend buffer from creative...then i apply solar oil...you are right they are not comeing to a 'high gloss look' any advise on getting this affect would be great...unless i am not buffin enough:rolleyes: but sure i am....

Thank you for your reply to pic,i shall start putting tips closer to free edge as you have advised..about the shine i use the 3 way girlfriend buffer from creative...then i apply solar oil...you are right they are not comeing to a 'high gloss look' any advise on getting this affect would be great...unless i am not buffin enough:rolleyes: but sure i am....

if you are struggling to get a gloss up, make sure that you are graduating your grits.
i.e if your first filing is done with a 180 grit file, gradually progress by using a 240 next then say a 400 and so on until you get to the final shine.

if you are struggling to get a gloss up, make sure that you are graduating your grits.
i.e if your first filing is done with a 180 grit file, gradually progress by using a 240 next then say a 400 and so on until you get to the final shine.

i was having the same problem, i was buffing like mad and applying solar oil and never ever got that high gloss 'glass' like shine, then i did my creative training, and used my files in the correct order, 180, 240, 400 buffer etc, and voila lovely shine, before youve even applied any solar oil, it makes such a difference well worth trying hun
xxxx

Latest posts

Back