Tip Removal - HELP NEEDED ASAP!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGritt

Reaction score
HI guys, i am panicking!!

A few weeks ago i did a set of tip & overlay with glitter.

The lady asked me to remove them and i have been at it for an hour and have done x4 nails! The acetone is not desolving them!!

I have the second hand to remove and have just checked my stock and their is none left!

There is a little solution which i plan to dip a cotton pad into and wrap around the nail and secure with tin foil!

I have been doing the above method and they are just not shifting! The products used are all the same manufacturer and so is the solution!

Got to do the second hand in a bit but how can i do it?

Silly question mAybe Hun, but I have to ask lol did you use a gel top coat at all ?

What product are you using? Is it a buff off or soak off acrylic? If you buff as much off as you can then put the acetone and foil wraps on the second hand, while you are dealing with the first, it should help.

Babs x

I warm my acetone by putting a bowl of boiling water under my bowl of acetone to heat it through-not sure if you tried this or not, then i scrape down occasionaly with my metal cuticle pusher to remove whats dissolved. Just be careful that both bowls are heat proof. Hope this helps xx

Thanks for the reply guys,

I didnt use a gel top coat.

I use soak off acrylic and i have teflon glass dishes that i sit my acetone in hot water and put a towel over the hand so the heat and vapours help.

I think i will try to file down the nails first then give it a go. I usually just try to scrape down too with my orange sticks! aggghhh feel as tho this is making me look stupid in front of client!!

Awww don't worry I'm sure your client will be ok, I'm wondering (can a chemical geek please help with this theory please) did you say you are almost out of acetone now ? Could it be it becomes less effective the longer you have it, or anything to do with the storage conditions, too cold, too warm irblid not tightly sealed or something ???

Latest posts

Back