Tip Thinning Confusion - i've read the tutorial!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hels26

Reaction score
Right well now I am really confused after reading the tutorial on tip thinning and blending. I'm doing a nail biter tomorrow with calgel 43 and white. Came on to check about tip blending as the last nail biter I did I didn't cut out the well out (just blended the contact area in) and i'm now thinking I should have even though I passed my assessment in this.

Im a bit worried cos ive never cut a well out - should I do this or just blend to nail as I am covering it with pink gel? Unfortunately I've run out of CND tips so only have back up The Edge full contact area tips which I will pre-blend.

BUT THEN ALSO... on the tutorial post you all seem to thin the whole tip, not just blend the contact area to the natural nail? This isnt something I was taught!?

Please help, assessment tomorrow evening!

hello

so you are you saying you just blend and thin the tip at the contact area? If so then I would definately recommend that you thin the tip down all over. Why? well, the tip is not there for strength, only length and you will find that your entire nail has a much much better look about it and should be more durable (but I havent used edge tips ever and am not a calgel user).

re nail biter: personally use well less tips that i cut the ears off . I also thin and pre blend the tip before putting it on the nail and then finish that job once on the nail . I find it easier to do so as with a biter I find I am limited on space.

I hope this helps a bit, best of luck with your assessment.

Latest posts

Back