Tips and forms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Reaction score
Do any of you get away with NEVER using tips, and soley using forms for everything?

x

Me...

why?

I have to go back to tipping as I may train ppl in that but as long as I am not forced, and except for this occasion I never tip.

I do both....depending on whats best for the nails, clients and what i feel like doing...sometimes i just feel like tipping..other times sculpting.

Me...

why?

I have to go back to tipping as I may train ppl in that but as long as I am not forced, and except for this occasion I never tip.

I'm trying to get to grips with sculpting at the moment and for me, I personally feel my finished nails look a lot better than with tips. I'm guessing I'd still have to use tips for bitten nails though?

I could do all nails without tips, but I wouldn't. And there are many times when using tips just does the job better and quicker and easier ... it is for those times that I use them. Really you should not be able to tell the difference between the two if both are done really well.

I'm finding quite often that when I use tips, I'm sizing them first and I think I have it right but after they're all stuck on, some of them have the 'ears' sticking up or they look slightly too big. It's infuritating but I guess it's just practice!!!

I'm finding quite often that when I use tips, I'm sizing them first and I think I have it right but after they're all stuck on, some of them have the 'ears' sticking up or they look slightly too big. It's infuritating but I guess it's just practice!!!

It is. I always nip the ears off tips with wells... not like you need them anyway.

When you think you have the correct size, always try the next size smaller just to make sure. Remember when you put product on top, the tip looks bigger so you have to compensate for that by definitely not choosing too large a size. Often when it is borderline ... I choose the smaller. x

Mostly I sculpt on forms (99%), but a seldom once in a while a client might want pre-designed tips or that I feel that I can make a clients nails, with wide nail beds, more narrow with tips.

I never use tips these days unless I need to. I always have them handy but it is very rare that I use them. Its generally more for new clients who request tips. All my regulars have their nails sculpted/overlayed.

I'm trying to get to grips with sculpting at the moment and for me, I personally feel my finished nails look a lot better than with tips. I'm guessing I'd still have to use tips for bitten nails though?
I don't use tips for bitten nails. I do not have a model for now on which I could practice Gigi's way, so no tips for that for now.

I don't use tips for bitten nails. I do not have a model for now on which I could practice Gigi's way, so no tips for that for now.

So are you able to still stick a form on even with really short bitten nails?

x

nope, I used to elongate the nail bed with OPI's Makeover pink, and then I would stick the form basing me on the new length.

or even, I wouldn't use forms and sculpt straigth on the skin if she didn't want length at all.

Latest posts

Back