Tips on cutting down time when doing extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theextensionist

Reaction score
Hi!

I have been doing extensions for a long time as most of you know. I am always looking for ways to improve and one thing I really want to do now is cutting down the time. My extensionist who is even more experienced than I take like 2 and a half hours for a really full head where I take 3 and a half so I still want to improve but not cut down on professionalism.

Anyone have tips what you do to speed up? I find what takes me the longest is sectioning it up right and put the beta shield on etc. Also to close it properly and get the glue to melt right. Any tips greatly appreciated.

Does your extensionist do something to prep that you don't do?

My extensionist cuts her bonds down for me cause they're way to thick for my hair. If i have a client with thin hair etc i used to cut the bonds down as i went along but now I've picked up this tip so I make a note in my diary to cut their bonds down. I'll sit and do them the night before. Saves around 30minutes.

Also, where do you place your heater inbetween bonds? I used to place mine back on the side/trolley. Now I swing it over my wrist. So I can move the position of my shield for my next section, scoop the heater off my wrist and I'm on to my next bond before you know it. That saves around another 10/15mins rather than placing things down and picking them back up x

I always cut my bonds down half as I like my bonds small so it's not that but thank you!

How do you mean swing it over your wrist? I have a trolley with all my things on but it does take some time putting it down picking everything up all the time.

I use a wand instead of some connectors and hold it under my armpit rather than keep putting it down, little things like that might help cut down time

I use a wand instead of some connectors and hold it under my armpit rather than keep putting it down, little things like that might help cut down time

Hmm.. Would this not make you burn yourself??

No it's just the plastic part I hold under my armpit then have the hot end sticking up! It works for me.. Might not work for you! But might just be little things like that you pick up on that can reduce your time!

Im right handed. So when I've used my connector. I put the wire over my right wrist. So it's dangling. Then when it comes to using it again, It's dangling enough to grab with my right hand and use x

Im right handed. So when I've used my connector. I put the wire over my right wrist. So it's dangling. Then when it comes to using it again, It's dangling enough to grab with my right hand and use x

I would deffo burn myself haha! sounds very time efficent though x

I would deffo burn myself haha! sounds very time efficent though x

It does actually! Little things like this is what I mean! I saw this weird clip that sections your hair for you. But you need to buy it wholesale from china and I am always wear if I can then get close enough to the scalp.

But yeah not sure about dangling wand I will try it today haha but I burn myself so easily.

It does actually! Little things like this is what I mean! I saw this weird clip that sections your hair for you. But you need to buy it wholesale from china and I am always wear if I can then get close enough to the scalp.

But yeah not sure about dangling wand I will try it today haha but I burn myself so easily.

Hi, ive got one of these clips, bought it from ebay and it came in less than a week even though it was from China. Its an absolute god send!! Was really cheap too, invest! :) x

I dont really get it lol? do you pull sections of hair through the gaps?x

I dont really get it lol? do you pull sections of hair through the gaps?x

No you just clip it onto a section of hair and the clip seperates it into even sections x

is it worth getting do you think?

I have one of those sectioners and they are rubbish I only used it a couple of times and it was a nightmare. I work with everything in my hands if I am doing shrinkies. I just put the connector down on the trolley keep everything else in my hands

I have one of those sectioners and they are rubbish I only used it a couple of times and it was a nightmare. I work with everything in my hands if I am doing shrinkies. I just put the connector down on the trolley keep everything else in my hands

How can you hold everything?? Clips, shield, comb, etc? Maybe I just have small hands because I have to put everything down all the time.

im sooooooooo slow takes me 4 hrs for a full head and 5 hours for shrinkies :( i need to get quicker gonna try a few of these tomorrow see if i can reduce it

How long do you all take with micro rings? X

when i do micro rings i use the micro loops so its quicker takes me 2-3 hours x

Latest posts

Back