Tips on cutting down time when doing extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Siobrennan.

I get my section absolutly perfectly neat,pull it out directly from the head towards myself in between my 2 fore fingers holding tension perfectly tight,and then get the clip right upto the root at the same angle as the hair and when i let go of the section the clip will sit without giving a root drag but not too close to the scalp so no tension caused either.

As im typing this im applying the clip in my head lol!
Its actually quite hard to explain but so damn easy to do rofl!!

Hi Siobrennan.

I get my section absolutly perfectly neat,pull it out directly from the head towards myself in between my 2 fore fingers holding tension perfectly tight,and then get the clip right upto the root at the same angle as the hair and when i let go of the section the clip will sit without giving a root drag but not too close to the scalp so no tension caused either.

As im typing this im applying the clip in my head lol!
Its actually quite hard to explain but so damn easy to do rofl!!

thanks for your reply im off to practise sectioning with it on my own hair!! x

We should do video examples! X

I've ordered one! If someone could upload a vid? That would be awesome!!

I've ordered one! If someone could upload a vid? That would be awesome!!

Yes yes videos

I did an install today in 4 hours inc blending trimming, curled it and did a colour match and consultation on her sister so I think I got it down to 3.5 including cut/blend which I am happy with seeing as I only cut the bonds before with no other changes - now how do I get to 3.5......

Yes yes videos

I did an install today in 4 hours inc blending trimming, curled it and did a colour match and consultation on her sister so I think I got it down to 3.5 including cut/blend which I am happy with seeing as I only cut the bonds before with no other changes - now how do I get to 3.5......

3 I mean!!

3 hours start to finish on a full head pre bonded today, boom! i used the multi section clip (quite like it on longer hair, no use on short though) and i held my bundle of 20 strands in my hand between my index and middle finger the whole time. so I'm happy with that. I was 3.5 hours with my 2nd client though as her hair was really short so took a while to blend etc, but all in all I was happy x

and i had all my bonds pre trimmed x

Last edited:
Received my speedy sectioning clip today :) can't wait to try it out!! :)

Can someone send me a link where to get them from, I'm not 100% which youre all talking about :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

3 hours start to finish on a full head pre bonded today, boom! i used the multi section clip (quite like it on longer hair, no use on short though) and i held my bundle of 20 strands in my hand between my index and middle finger the whole time. so I'm happy with that. I was 3.5 hours with my 2nd client though as her hair was really short so took a while to blend etc, but all in all I was happy x

and i had all my bonds pre trimmed x

And do you put your connector down in between ?

So you roll the Bond with right - hold bundles in left and use the speedy clip each time?

How long does it take to put the speedy clip into place ? I was thinking it would be time consuming to get it into shape?

And do you put your connector down in between ?

So you roll the Bond with right - hold bundles in left and use the speedy clip each time?

How long does it take to put the speedy clip into place ? I was thinking it would be time consuming to get it into shape?

i had a table right next to me with a heat mat for the connector, or sometimes pop it between my knees (eek!)
what i did was sectioned the hair precisely and slip the clip in, only took a few seconds really. I then held the bundle of hair between my right index and middle finger while rolling with my left (I'm a lefty, but did swap over half way through as i was getting cramp haha)
I will definately be using the clip again, though I would say you have to be very precise on your sections and placing the clip as advised by crazybec previously xxx

i had a table right next to me with a heat mat for the connector, or sometimes pop it between my knees (eek!)
what i did was sectioned the hair precisely and slip the clip in, only took a few seconds really. I then held the bundle of hair between my right index and middle finger while rolling with my left (I'm a lefty, but did swap over half way through as i was getting cramp haha)
I will definately be using the clip again, though I would say you have to be very precise on your sections and placing the clip as advised by crazybec previously xxx

Omg def ordering one!!! Sounds like a time saver

Omg def ordering one!!! Sounds like a time saver

It was great but I've just hit a huge brick wall..... see my newest thread :( don't think its anything to do with the section clip though!! xxx

It was great but I've just hit a huge brick wall..... see my newest thread :( don't think its anything to do with the section clip though!! xxx

Did a set , and cut and blend in 3 hours fifteen .... It's coming down

Halfway through I remembered about holding the bonds in bunches and started doing it ( surprisingly easy!!) and so think that gave me the extra 15 mind so I am hoping that next set I might just get to the 3 !!!

So pleased my time is cutting down

The speedy clips does it leave a space between extensions or bond them next to each other as I know some people do it differently?

Think I am gonna order one this weekend!!

Did a set , and cut and blend in 3 hours fifteen .... It's coming down

Halfway through I remembered about holding the bonds in bunches and started doing it ( surprisingly easy!!) and so think that gave me the extra 15 mind so I am hoping that next set I might just get to the 3 !!!

So pleased my time is cutting down

The speedy clips does it leave a space between extensions or bond them next to each other as I know some people do it differently?

Think I am gonna order one this weekend!!

they are right next to each other but thats how i work anyway so im loving it. done another set tonight in 3hrs aswell :) Im well happy with that!!!
i didnt realise holding the bunches would be so easy either lol! xx

they are right next to each other but thats how i work anyway so im loving it. done another set tonight in 3hrs aswell :) Im well happy with that!!!
i didnt realise holding the bunches would be so easy either lol! xx

No when you said it I thought, this is not going to be easy but it did work well and took some tone off clearly - can u send me a link to your clip you brought?

Gonna get one now!!

i didnt realise holding the bunches would be so easy ether lol! xx

hiya just wondering f anyone has found the clips any cheaper than foxy- if so can you send a link Plz as I want to order one :)

Latest posts

Back