Tired of trying to find good salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheddar

Reaction score
Hi all

Have spent years trying to find someone who does a decent set of Creative acrylics in my area, all have creative products or stickers in the window but none so far are creative trained using creative products and I've often been disapointed.

Anyway I digress, I found a good salon with a good reputation that has a creative trained nail tech. However I want to know if the following is correct as when I asked her why the response seemed unusual.

She asked if I had creative nails on, I explained they were NSI, she said I would either have to go elsewhere and find someone who uses NSI to infill or she'd have to soak them off and do a new set, is this correct?

She also said once soaked off she would want me to come back in 2 weeks so my natural nails have time to 'breathe' inbetween. I thought nails didn't breathe???

Am so confused now, was happy to find someone good but baffled by her explanations and also don't want to go 2 weeks with no nails as have a night out coming up.

Genuinely interested to hear a professionals thoughts on this as instead of making an appointment with her I am now looking elsewhere sadly as I don't have 2 weeks to play around with.

Thanks in advance :)

I dont understand why she said that - quite rightly nails dont breathe!

The only slight problem with rebalancing over another product could be the possibility of a slight colour difference in the pink.

There is no need to soak off unless the technician can see any problems underneath the existing nails.

Hi all

Have spent years trying to find someone who does a decent set of Creative acrylics in my area, all have creative products or stickers in the window but none so far are creative trained using creative products and I've often been disapointed.

Anyway I digress, I found a good salon with a good reputation that has a creative trained nail tech. However I want to know if the following is correct as when I asked her why the response seemed unusual.

She asked if I had creative nails on, I explained they were NSI, she said I would either have to go elsewhere and find someone who uses NSI to infill or she'd have to soak them off and do a new set, is this correct?It comes down to personal preference of the tech. Once a product is cured there is no risk to mixing brands so no actual need to soak off and replace but some people do prefer to do this so they're not taking on existing problems.

She also said once soaked off she would want me to come back in 2 weeks so my natural nails have time to 'breathe' inbetween. I thought nails didn't breathe??? You're correct, nails are non-living tissue and don't breathe. Also there is no good reason why you cannot have nails soaked off then replaced immediately, as long as the natural nails underneath are not comprimised in any way.

Am so confused now, was happy to find someone good but baffled by her explanations and also don't want to go 2 weeks with no nails as have a night out coming up.

Genuinely interested to hear a professionals thoughts on this as instead of making an appointment with her I am now looking elsewhere sadly as I don't have 2 weeks to play around with.

Thanks in advance :)

Personally, I would have rebalanced your nails and advised you that there may be a small colour difference between 2 brands but only until the old product had grown out.

I hope you find someone who can do what you want them to, If you're struggling to find a good salon maybe look for a mobile tech?

Hth's

Hi

Thanks ever so much for your replies, maybe its best I don't go there if she doesn't understand the fundamentals of nails and the science behind them?

She actually used the term 'repel' as in the NSI product on the nail could actually repel the Creative she uses, all sounded a bit strange to me.

I am most certainly going to look for a mobile tech, I used to use a mobile tech who moved away and she was truely amazing, never been able to find anyone as good since!

Thanks ever so much for your help, I am now currently booked into a salon I've not tried before but have heard good things about, not sure what products they use but I know they're not NSS, hopefully I'll be happy, hate sounding like a fuss-pot!

xxx

I am now currently booked into a salon I've not tried before but have heard good things about, not sure what products they use but I know they're not NSS, hopefully I'll be happy, hate sounding like a fuss-pot!

xxx

You're entitled to soundlike a fuss-pot when you're paying for a service!!! I like having clients who know exactly what they want cos they usually tell me straight if they're happy or not!! Good luck finding a new Tech.

She actually used the term 'repel' as in the NSI product on the nail could actually repel the Creative she uses, all sounded a bit strange to me.
I would go as far as to say that this particular technician isn't actually trained by Creative and is using the product without the correct product knowledge, if she had have trained with a legitimate Creative academy/ambassador she wouldn't have come out with a false statement like that :rolleyes:

Good luck in your quest to find another tech in your area :green:

Thanks Vetty, makes me feel better and yes I totally agree about her probably not being CND trained, it really put me off in all honesty! Hopefully this next tech will be a good one or I'll find another good mobile one soon, thanks again, you're all very helpful :hug:

Agreed.....Creative do not train to leave nails off for a breather.......

If it was me I would have given you 2 choices:

1 Rebalance and advise that slight colour variation may be visable.
2 Soak off and replace with a new set.

You could ask to see certifications from Creative, mine are hanging on the wall for all to see. x

Just had a thought... (as you do lol)... You could ring the head office of NSI and/or Creative and any other company you fancy and ask them to recommend a technician (who is trained by them) in your area :green:

Oooh I shall try it! I know there is a lady on here who is in bolton and has a salon but bolton is a big place as we're at opposite ends and I dont drive so a 10mile trip is a bit tough for me, such a shame too cos shes CND!

Thanks I shall give CND a ring tomorrow :D

Latest posts

Back