to all glitter french nail techs!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail-chick

Reaction score
i've noticed that so many techs do french nails, either l&p or gel, with glitter.

why is this so popular and do you have to remove them all of the time if the client wants a change?

does it get to be a pain?

do you charge extra to remove them?

just curious!

thanks,
kathleen
My Nails Rock!

easy peasy you just file off the glitter and replace with....white or ....ANOTHER glitter!

Thats a very good point!
Using a mix thats workable often means it can seem quite transparent so you do have to remove the majority before applying the new. I charge extra for glitter tips anyway as the addition of glitter bumps up the product cost slightly. Although more filling needs to be done I find applying the glitter is easier than white as it doesn't have to be as crisp, swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Geeg did have a suggestion about removing the tip completely and resculpting but I'm not sure how you'd go about doing this x x x

easy peasy you just file off the glitter and replace with....white or ....ANOTHER glitter!

yup...i agree....your only filing off what you would with POW french anyway....just that its glitter....its quick and easy. xx

Geeg did have a suggestion about removing the tip completely and resculpting but I'm not sure how you'd go about doing this x x x

That's what I do.
I get out the clippers, and clip off the majority of the length. File the rest down a bit (I don't clip too close, as I don't want any cracks leading up the plate). Prep etc.......
Put on forms and start over.

Never any problems to date. Works just fine.
Granted, sculpting a new set takes longer than an average refill.
So charge accordingly.

:hug:

Thanks for that last one cos I was wondering what you'd do when you sculpt them.

Well i sculpt out in clear gel....and then add the glitter....so its the same again...file the glitter off ... leaving a clear sculpt....no cutting of the tip and redoing....my clients nails would have started to grow at that stage and would be most upset if i cut them off..

Its quicker to just file the glitter off then to cut them all off and re-sculpt them again...and more work. x

Latest posts

Back