To all Shellac users/lovers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemx89

Reaction score
Hi all, firstly I have tried searching for a thread on this and cannot seem to find an answer? I just wanted a bit of advice from anybody that could help please. I done my shellac course last week & am happy with all my kit etc. I done my 3rd set tonight & loved the colour...I am very much a perfectionist & couldn't help but notice the colour seemed shadowed/thinner at the top and I apply it exactly how I was taught (starting in the middle pushing to the top etc.) Are there any colours in particular anyone would recommend 3 coats rather than 2? I used hot pop pink tonight & the client was v happy & won't even notice what I have but I just want 2 leave a client feeling 100%!!! Hope someone can help, thanks in advance :) oh and these are the nails xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359067929.172428.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359067929.172428.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 443
Hi, I'm pretty new to shellac myself but did sister-in-laws toes last night in Hotski Totchski (prob. spelt that wrong) and they looked tons better after the third coat xx

Hi all, firstly I have tried searching for a thread on this and cannot seem to find an answer? I just wanted a bit of advice from anybody that could help please. I done my shellac course last week & am happy with all my kit etc. I done my 3rd set tonight & loved the colour...I am very much a perfectionist & couldn't help but notice the colour seemed shadowed/thinner at the top and I apply it exactly how I was taught (starting in the middle pushing to the top etc.) Are there any colours in particular anyone would recommend 3 coats rather than 2? I used hot pop pink tonight & the client was v happy & won't even notice what I have but I just want 2 leave a client feeling 100%!!! Hope someone can help, thanks in advance :) oh and these are the nails xx
hey they look lovely? I think hotski could do wit 3 coats also iced coral 3 coats & Romantique :)

hi don't know if this will help you I've been doing shellac for a year now! on the colours that are thinner I do first coat and then go back over them before they go in the lamp try it works for me hth x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I only ever use two coats. It does need to be remembered that some colours are meant to be semi-opaque and some are meant. To be sheer and some are meant to be opaque. If you are wanting a semi-opaque colour to become opaque then I suppose you would want to do a third coat, but they are not designed to be completely opaque if you see what I mean. :lol:

I understand :) thanks guys, maybe I'm just taking the apply thinly too literally n can make the 2 coats a tad thicker lol I trained with gel last year and have had success with that just wanted to be able to offer both. Will keep going I'm sure ill get used 2 it x

It's good to be mindful of how much pressure you have on the brush too: if you apply your Shellac with a really light touch you are far more likely to get a beautiful, even coverage on that second coat. x

The touch is EVERYTHING! E V E R Y T H I N G

Once you get that right then you are there.

Shake that bottle - shake it shake it and then shake it some more!
On opening a new bottle I always work it through the brush first on a plastic backed pad like I would a gel brush just to make sure it is even on all bristles.
Touch/pressure is vital to avoid shadows.
I learned a great tip from the CND.com website last week - A Nailstylist interviewed advised starting from the free edge first... it works a treat ...I now never forget to cap my free edge and this has also eliminated the chance of 'bleeding ' into my sidewalls.The application also seems more even too..no idea why but it does :)
hope that helps a little
Cait

I definitely shook it lol that's another benefit I'm sure my bingo wings will shrink with shellac lol that's a good point I may have dragged it which may have took it off as I was trying 2 put it on! Thank u very much ladies, this is my first ever thread and it's been very helpful! Much appreciated xxx

Shake that bottle - shake it shake it and then shake it some more!
On opening a new bottle I always work it through the brush first on a plastic backed pad like I would a gel brush just to make sure it is even on all bristles.
Touch/pressure is vital to avoid shadows.
I learned a great tip from the CND.com website last week - A Nailstylist interviewed advised starting from the free edge first... it works a treat ...I now never forget to cap my free edge and this has also eliminated the chance of 'bleeding ' into my sidewalls.The application also seems more even too..no idea why but it does :)
hope that helps a little
Cait
Do you mean start from the to of the nail tip and push down, sorry but not quite sure?

Latest posts

Back