To buy a new machine and tent or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l.a.m.x

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I need some sensible advice ;)

I am considering buying a new tanning machine and tent. In all honesty, there is nothing wrong with my machine other than it being an older HVLP model which is quite bulky for being mobile, and my tent is passed its best.

I am considering selling them to a free who is just starting up, so wouldn't be too out of pocket to upgrade myself.

Has anyone used either of these machines? And if so what do you think? I don't want to spend too much as I only do a couple of tans a week.

FreshMist Starter Kit

http://www.omgtanningsolutions.com/...-Spray-Tan-Machine-FREE-Tent/flypage.tpl.html

Look forward to your replies :p x

We trailed the Wagner machine last year with a view to stocking it as an entry level machine as an alternative to the ts20... We didnt bother.
We can buy the Pig in bulk for a third of the price of a ts20 greatly increasing our profit margin.. again we didnt bother.
The earlex machines (TS10, TS20,TS50) are head and shoulders above these 2 machines in terms of economy and quality.
There made in Britain to British standards by a British Workforce.

If I were you i would keep the machine you never know when you might need it.I think if your livelihood depends on your tanning work you should have a back up spare.

Thanks guys.

I don't want to 'upgrade' if it isn't really an upgrade..! And I don't want to change from my reliable machine to something less reliable, just for the sake of having something slightly smaller either.x

Steve, would you say the ts20 is a far better machine than the piggy? I've had nothing but speckles from it :(

Steve, would you say the ts20 is a far better machine than the piggy? I've had nothing but speckles from it :(

From the piggy that is!

From the piggy that is!
Yes definately, we wont stock the piggy machine as it did nt pass my tested to destruction quality control test :D:D however the TS range did. The piggys are made in china very cheaply we can buy them in for less than £20 if we buy them in bulk !! A great profit, but not such a great machine unfortunately, The TS are british through n through and we give an extra 12 month warranty on the TS 50 turbines as i have yet to destroy one.
As for the original poster TENTS !! they all look the same in pictures but in reality they are very different. The original british STC cubicle is the best, it is made from higher dennier nylon, is waterproofed, fireproofed, and the mechanism is 50% thicker than all the rest. the others are floppy and dont fold as well, it carries the CE label, It is a patented design in the uk and only STC Worcester have the rights to distribute it to approved suppliers.
unfortunately with ebay and buy china ect the market has been floooded with fake look a likey floppy tents that cost $20 to buy in from china. So beware.... British is best :D:D

I bought a tent a few years ago that suddenly (after about 4 uses) stopped being able to be folded. I've just bought one from Suntana for under £40 that feels a lot tougher and is folding easily!

Yes definately, we wont stock the piggy machine as it did nt pass my tested to destruction quality control test :D:D however the TS range did. The piggys are made in china very cheaply we can buy them in for less than £20 if we buy them in bulk !! A great profit, but not such a great machine unfortunately, The TS are british through n through and we give an extra 12 month warranty on the TS 50 turbines as i have yet to destroy one.
As for the original poster TENTS !! they all look the same in pictures but in reality they are very different. The original british STC cubicle is the best, it is made from higher dennier nylon, is waterproofed, fireproofed, and the mechanism is 50% thicker than all the rest. the others are floppy and dont fold as well, it carries the CE label, It is a patented design in the uk and only STC Worcester have the rights to distribute it to approved suppliers.
unfortunately with ebay and buy china ect the market has been floooded with fake look a likey floppy tents that cost $20 to buy in from china. So beware.... British is best :D:D

Ok. I've been offered a ts20 upgrade the company said as my pig is faulty.
Would you say it's a good upgrade?

Latest posts

Back