To get a landline or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chimbabweep

Reaction score
Im opening my salon in a few weeks and im half and half about getting a landline put in.

I think it would be a good idea to have a landline but it would be another £40 a month that i would have to pay out and i wont be in my salon 24/7 but i always have my mobile on me.

As ive been working from home all my clients call my mobile. I do think it would be good to have a landline in but i just dont thinki can afford one to begin with??

Would it be unprofessional if i didnt have a landline??

Do you all have a landline? x

I think it would look unprofessional if you didn't. The clients that are coming with you may not mind calling your mobile but new clients may find it a bit strange.
Just my opinion xx

It is expensive itsnt it!!!ell I'm with BT and they make you pay quarterly rather than monthly which is a bit annoying with cash flow! I got one when I rented 3 rooms of my own in another salon as i felt I really wanted to establish myself and I know if I had a business mobile I would have it on me 24/7 and wouldn't let myself have any peace when the working day is done! As I left the last salon alot sooner than I planned I wouldn't put a landline into a premises that isnt mine but if it's your own lease I do think its more professional xx

Hiya, I personally think it is un profesional not to have a landline, I didn't have a landline for the first 2 year of being in business, mainly because of where I was it was dificult to get one installed and I also didn't know wether my business would take oFf. I used to use mobile as I was mobile before and everyone contacted me on that. But since then I had one installed and never looked back , I pay it quartly . Plus I have my card machine through it and I def couldt do without that. Although it does open you up to sales people calling and charities etc, but I defo would get one. Some people don't like ringing mobiles.
Janice x

Hiya, I personally think it is un profesional not to have a landline, I didn't have a landline for the first 2 year of being in business, mainly because of where I was it was dificult to get one installed and I also didn't know wether my business would take oFf. I used to use mobile as I was mobile before and everyone contacted me on that. But since then I had one installed and never looked back , I pay it quartly . Plus I have my card machine through it and I def couldt do without that. Although it does open you up to sales people calling and charities etc, but I defo would get one. Some people don't like ringing mobiles.
Janice x

you actually made my point:lol: it's much easier to have a card machine if you have one and when you think of all the people who don't carry cash, I'm one of those, it's a real pain in the bum if you have to tell them to go to the cash machine before they come to you. Plus you can always have call forwarding on to your mobile when you are not there and that way you have the best of both worlds.
Shop around though, BT are not the only provider and everyone wants to cut a deal:hug:

I would definitely have a land line. £40 seems quite expensive though. Shop around.

I guess it depends on how professional you want your business to look. For some people it doesn't matter so much - for others it's a priority to look like a bona fide business.
Same goes for hotmail/yahoo/sky/google mail accounts. And websites with vp/webs in the url. It just looks a bit, well, amateur.

Hi,

If you wish to give your business a professional image, then I would say YES to a landline, I do think the keys points and reasons for a landline have already been posted so I will not repeat. Good luck with your new salon

Latest posts

Back