% to give after fitting hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairbylouisa

Reaction score
Hello hoping you guys can help me with an enquiry, please no hate.

if i take a deposit which covers the cost of the hair, micro rings and delivery...

then i charge for the fitting which is xxx amount

the owner then takes 50% of what ive charged for fitting.. is this an ok amount?

but then i was told by the owner i should be charging another xxx ontop? i feel really confused and uncomfortable charging almost double to fit hair?
hope my post hasnt caused too much confusion as i know we cant put down prices of services.
Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm slightly confused, I'm alright until the clients then takes 50% of what your charging. I understand the deposit to cover the hair then your paid your fitting fee, why does something else need to happen? I'd say client covers hair you get your fitting fee, job done? Xx

client gives me a deposit which covers products e.g hair micro rigs etc

then pays xxx for fitting... then the salon owner takes 50%?

owner thinks i should double my fitting fee :/?

Oohh sorry I understand now! Oh poor you! Wow 50% can you not give her like 10/20%? You are doing all the work after all!!

That's why extensionists don't usually work from salons on % split, it's the same for barbers too they usually do 50-50 but you have to consider the person that your giving 50% to is paying ALL the bills and rent etc and providing you with a place to work from, I can't imagine it's nice giving away 50% but there's not a lot you can do about it other than go mobile and keep all the fitting fee, be careful if u do raise your prices as you may loose custom, but also being salon based you may find a better client base that you can easily charge more to, the decision is yours at the end of the day, how much do you charge for the fitting if you don't mind me asking? And how much does the owner suggest you charge?

do you think i can negotiate with the fitting and then a % to owner?

How do u mean? What's your suggestion?

When I worked in a salon for extensions I would pay £9 per hour for extension fittings.

I took me 2-3 ish hours so I would only pay £18-27 for that client to be in the salon. I also put my prices up by £30 so I wasn't at a loss.

I wouldn't of paid 50% off my fitting fee. It wouldn't of been worth it.

50% is a lot for her to take I would definitely discuss this with her. Xx

do you think i could give the owner even just 20% of my fitting fee then? i think that seems reasonable? Thank you for your suggestions i was completely lost x

Latest posts

Back