To use an electric file or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soniya123

Reaction score
Pros & cons on using a drill please? (Acrylic nails)

Also if you do, which drill do you use?

Thanks

Pros & cons on using a drill please? (Acrylic nails)

Also if you do, which drill do you use?

Thanks

Please forgive me but in another of your threads, you were asking about which is the best acrylic training, so I’m just a little curious as to why you’re now asking about electric files that’s all?

I think perhaps you should first get some training under your belt, before getting carried away with all the associated accessories :)

Please forgive me but in another of your threads, you were asking about which is the best acrylic training, so I’m just a little curious as to why you’re now asking about electric files that’s all?

I think perhaps you should first get some training under your belt, before getting carried away with all the associated accessories :)

I was gonna self train myself to get the hang of things before going to actual training :)

I was gonna self train myself to get the hang of things before going to actual training :)

Bad idea to experiment with chemicals and equipment you know little about, before commencing training.

You could actually cause more harm than good, not to mention untold damage to your nails :eek:

Chemicals aside, you could also pick up some bad habits that would have to be corrected in training, therefore taking time away from actually progressing.

I do personally use an electric file; when I was pregnant, I couldn't move my hand after a long day. I trained with Kayley Cairns for Hazel Dixon and the training was fab. Hazel has trainers all around the country.

I'm hankering after a kupa manipro.

Nooo! Please, please don't teach yourself! As well as the comments mentioned above, poor application and understanding will likely lead to over exposure to uncured or undercured products to you and whoever you practice on which can then cause very nasty allergies!

My best advice is to research the very best education you can find. Choose a course that thoroughly covers both A&P and practical application, that provides a professional kit and offers support after the course has finished because you'll need it. Don't be tempted to waste your money on a cheap one day course. Make sure you get to physically do infills and removals too! It's also vitally important to check that the course is accredited, recognised and insurable by the well known insurers, not just one company that the course is accredited with.

You can use the search function here to get answers to all these questions as they have been asked many times. By reading through the threads you'll hopefully get a good idea where to start.

Latest posts

Back