Today I have enrolled for my NVQ Level 3 Nail Services

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennijar

Reaction score
I never thought I would see the day when I would get back to college, you all know the reasons I didn't go back last year so I won't go into them. I am as proud as punch, and can't wait for the new course to start. Any other geeks going to Wigan and Leigh College on the level 3 evening course, I do hope so otherwise I will be billy no mates as everyone I trained with did their level 3 last year.

Joan

hi, just out of interest how did you find doing your nvq ? i really want to do mine as soon as i can find somewhere to do it but want to know what im letting my self in for lol and by the way good luck ! :)

You're very lucky that your local FE does NVQ level 3 nail services, there aren't many that do and it has to be done privately at a great expense.....more so than the FE price! Good luck with it!

Good luck, I hope it all goes well for you x

hello can i just ask what doyou learn on level 3 .ive just done my training but my tutor said my vctc was level 2 and 3 so now im confused
cheers:)

Trying to answer all your questions.

My level 2 was brill, I had a fantastic tutor and I learned loads.

I am not 100% sure what level 3 involves this year but I think the following make up part of it
Business Management
Health and Safety
Gel and Acrylic tips and sculpting
Airbrushing
3d embelishments
free hand nail art

Hope this bit of info helps, I am so excited.

Joan

ive just had my certificate through this morning

there are seven units
ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety in the workplace

promote additonal products or services to clients

contribute to the finiancial effectiveness of the business

enhance the appearance of natural nails using artifical nail systems

maintain and repair and enhance artificial nail structures

Plan and design and provide nail art services to clients

provide self tanning treatments

I had to complete at least 20 sets of each system Gel tip and overlay, Gel sculptured nails, acrylic tip and overlay, acrylic sculptured nails, natural nail overlays on all three systems, fibreglass tip and overlay

for nail art we did airbrushing, cut outs , embedding , 3d nail art

if you have any questions fire away
Debbie x

Theres also a section where you have to compete in a competition for nail art, but that was just within your class and also 2 projects of nail art to do it at home.
One for an advert and one for client specifications i.e. wedding nails.
You need to take in photos for your portfolio.

okay thanks for the asnwers that seems to clear that up a bit
cheers x

Hiya Joan, before I am carted back to my cell (they only let me out whilst they whitewashed the walls), I wanted to say how glad I am that you have decided to carry on with your dream.

Your Mum would be so proud of you and I know you will make a great success of both your Level 3 and future in this business.

After all the sh1t you have had over the last twelve months, this is just the thing to set you back on the right road again.

Take care matey, I'll call you when I get out!

Latest posts

Back