Toe nail extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail01

Reaction score
Hi, i am fully qualified nail tech but this summer I want to start doing toe nail extensions. Do I need to train again for this?

I was going to use acrylic but I know gel is supposed to be better. I hate gel as I hate the removal system. Does anyone have any ideas?

Also do you actually add a tip or if the nail is the correct length do you just do an overlay.

Thanks

NAIl01
x

hi
Tips are only needed if there is a problem with the nail, overlays are fine.
If you don't like removing gel (is it the filing off?) look for a soft soak off gel.
I have only done overlay with Gel, so I can't tell you if acrylic will be any good, i can imagine that with it being so hard it would chip if/when the client bashes their toes! (I'm always walking into things)
Lovely french toes, or coloured overlays look great.
Good Luck.

I'm very new to the gel, can you get a solution to soak it off?

some gels now do soak off- think The Edge do one, not sure of others....

you can only soak of certain types of gel. some are soak off some are buff off.
which do you use i might be able to help

I do acrylic toes, dont use tips, just extend slightly over the free edge. They look fab xxx

I'm very new to the gel, can you get a solution to soak it off?
Yes, there are several which are perfect to do overlay. if for instance you looked into BioSculpt, they would provide training, but there are some that you can buy with out their training, although if you haven't used gel before this would be a bit useless! if you have had some training some of the file off systems are simliar - for instance NSI (file off) is similar to Nobility, do a search on here for more info. I'm going to the NEC in Birmingham on Sunday to have a look, as I haven't decided which to go for either!:)

you might like lechat nobility soak off gel.
there is a tutorial for toes on my website that may help.

Latest posts

Back