Toe wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkle n shine

Reaction score
Hi I have a client next week for nail wraps on her toes, could mobile nail tecs tell me the best way of doing these, like best position to be doing them and being comfy without getting a bad back. Do u take anything with u like a chair or cushion.

Hi I have a client next week for nail wraps on her toes, could mobile nail tecs tell me the best way of doing these, like best position to be doing them and being comfy without getting a bad back. Do u take anything with u like a chair or cushion.
I used to find this problem a bit awkward myself when I did nail wraps at peoples homes. Personally I use to have them sit on their sofa or chair and I sat on a cushion on the floor! Not ideal but they were clients I'd known and had for years so they didn't seem to mind!
One of the biggest problems is when your cutting the nail wrap on the sidewall as its hard to get the angle of the foot just where you need it and sometimes in that case you need to have the client bend their knee right up so I used to make sure I had spare towels so if they could have it across their lap and keep their dignity if they had a skirt on!!
Like I say not ideal but they were always happy with the result and were generally friends of mine as well as clients!

For all my pedi's mobile I take a reclining chair. It's effectively a reclining garden chair but has full lower leg support. I find it ideal position wise and they enjoy the relaxation. I bought mine for about £25 from argos a few years ago. They're virtually identical to the Lafuma Reflexology chair but less than half the price!

I use my couch all the time for wraps, clients feet at just the right height and all you need then is a chair at the end.

Karaxxx

It depends what space is available and what furnature is at the clients house (sofa's, dining chairs, beds, beanbags etc) I just find the best place I can and do the best I can with what they have.

I have done wraps in several different ways including:

*sat on the floor while client was on sofa which was uncomfy for me.

*sat on the floor while client lay on her bed - which again wasn't the most comfy for me. (No room for a chair at bottom of her bed which may have been better/more comfy).

*client in a sofa chair and me in a sofa chair opposite. Which was ok for both of us although getting the lamp in correct place was a little awkward.

*sat at a dining table facing each other with table beside us and lamp on table pointing down at feet. This for me has proved the easiest and most comfortable (the seats were padded with nice back support which helped.

I've not had any clients with enough room in their homes to take my massage couch so not tried this method yet and to be honest I dont think I would want to lug a big bed with me just to apply wraps.

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies, think I'm just going to have to see which way I can do them when I get there. I'm so nervous it's my first paying client. I did my daughter toes with her lay on the sofa and me sat at the end but my back was in pain after I finished.

I keep a fold up table and stool in the boot of the car, fasten the lamp to my table next to us (I am paranoid about using the clients tables in case they get marked) and then have the client sit on their sofa/armchair and I will sit either on a dining room chair opposite if they have one or if not then I'll use my stool. I tried doing it sat on the floor but it hurt my back waaay too much!

Latest posts

Back