Toners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollieJade

Reaction score
Hi, I'm wanting to know which are the best toners to achieve a white blonde rather than ash as I feel like it makes the blonde go dull rather than bright. My client is a base 6 and I do foils with bleach & 9% lift it for 45min after rinsing it still looks yellowy, thinking it would lift a lot better after using 9%. I then applied 10.12 dialight loreal toner, but felt like it dulled the hair rather than clean it up and brighten. Would anyone recommended a better toner which will give a whiter look rather than ash? Thanks 😊

Try using 10.21 dialight if it's lifted enough you could even add a bit of Clear in your formula

I don't use L'oreal so i dont know what colours they have but something like a 10.2 may be better as thats just violet.

One of my favourites is 10/6 in colour touch.

Are you using a good quality bleach and matching brand of peroxide? It definitely makes a difference if you want to get a very pale yellow hair for toning.

How yellow is it?

Has it got to be loreal or can you use another brand?

Well I use different products, I use wella in the salon, but I don't like blondor bleach so I use clynol bleach out of the salon. I did use 10/16 with pastel developer before but still felt like it didn't do much to brighten it. I'll use any product that will give me a better result than the 10.12 has, I'd just rather it be more white than ash?

And it does lift it quite light but just needs a good toner to clean the blonde up better

Maybe your leaving it on too long, when you use a toner on yellow it goes white before reaching ash if you rinsed it off a little earlier you should get a perfect white

Maybe your leaving it on too long, when you use a toner on yellow it goes white before reaching ash if you rinsed it off a little earlier you should get a perfect white

The Wella toners say 15mins development time? But I probably did leave the Loreal one on too long, I'll give it ago next time and hopefully it will work 😊 thank you!

Hi x do you think I could tone the warmth out of this with Relights or will I have to lighten again?View attachment 83932

The Wella toners say 15mins development time? But I probably did leave the Loreal one on too long, I'll give it ago next time and hopefully it will work 😊 thank you!

If you just watch it like a hawk and keep scraping the colour off every couple of seconds you can see it change before you, I'd never leave a toner in for a whole 15 mins! No wonder it's ashy!

If definitely either left it on too long or you haven't lifted enough if 10/6 hasn't done it. I can achieve WHITE with 10/6.

Noted. Thanks x

If you just watch it like a hawk and keep scraping the colour off every couple of seconds you can see it change before you, I'd never leave a toner in for a whole 15 mins! No wonder it's ashy!

Yeah I'll give that a go next time, thanks for your help!

If definitely either left it on too long or you haven't lifted enough if 10/6 hasn't done it. I can achieve WHITE with 10/6.

I try that next time, thank you 😊

Hi I have white blonde hair and the only toner I use is 10v goldwell colourance. Absolutely amazing. Try it but just to warn you it will grab so keep an eye on it :) hope this helps

Hi I have white blonde hair and the only toner I use is 10v goldwell colourance. Absolutely amazing. Try it but just to warn you it will grab so keep an eye on it :) hope this helps

I'll have to try that one, when I was at college I used goldwell colours so I have some knowledge on the colours. Thanks 😊

Thanks for all your help, I used wella colour touch 10/6 and this was the result.. Very pleased and deffinatly going to use again finally got it to a nice blonde 😊 View attachment 84292

I use 8/81 wella toner or 8/81 kadus semi after using bleach using 3% equal parts get Very good results also [emoji139][emoji139]

And 9/1 and 10/8 equal parts is a good toner also I've just ordered that t18 wella toner white lady will try it on my hair first see if it's good. Has anyone tried it yet??

Latest posts

Back