Toners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debs69

Reaction score
I've just been thinking about toning brassy hair, we usually use diacolor milshake, just wondered what all the other geeks think are the best toners :?:

we used to use milkshake but i prefer wellas colours, depending what colour youre aiming for i use 10/8+pastel, 10/1+pastel, or silver out of colour fresh..........x

Any color can be used as a toner, one of our faves is luocolor 10N at the shampoo bowl for 5-7 min. I'm also a big fan of high level - 8 and above demi's for toners.

Hi, depending on the depth of the blonde
I'll tone out brassiness with Wella tints in an 8/1 on the roots and swap to an 8/0 for the ends

If its to tone on lighter brassy hair I would do the same with a 10/1 then swap to 10/0 for the ends
and the same if I used a 9/1

I also like 10/89 and 9/16 10/16 10/8 and 9/8 all Wella

I dont take /1 = ash through the ends of very light blonde pourous hair
I swap to a natural in case of grab

If I was toning highly bleached hair or highlights I would probably go for a silver 0/6 or 8/81 silver pearl ash in wella colour fresh,

or the proclere range of toners specially made for highly bleached hair,
they are lush too,

colour fresh or proclere toners dont grab at all :hug:

this is a good thread for me as i have only used toners a tiny bit so its giving me a good insight into em , thanks guys

for bleached hi-lites i like the koleston 10/8 and colour fresh 0/6

if you want a nice cool colour 10/8 + 0/88 is ace!

if you want a nice cool colour 10/8 + 0/88 is ace!

What ratio do you use for this? If using 30mls 10/8 would you use like 3-5mls of it? I take it you use pastel? Thanks x

Hi, Lisa I was thinking the very same thing too , as 0/88 is the royal blue mixtone so I should imagine you would have to be really careful with the amount you popped in ,
I would like to know the ratio too

Also it might be in J robinsons hair Tutorial she has some special secret mixes in there
I will try and find the link :)

here is the link http://www.salongeek.com/hair-tutor...t-wella-koleston-perfect-shades-new-post.html

Hey Minky, thanks for the link. I also have some more mixes, I'll post them on that thread x

I realy like loreal didaicolour (pink tube) just plain 9 on its own and i like 9.13. 5-7 mins both tone brassy hair to a nice creamy blonde with no grab and no ashy tones.xx

I think the most successful toners are the luo colour ones, PO, PO1 and PO3 are the most common. They are easy to use as you just mix them with luo colour releaser. Also they have quite quick and very visible results.

hi have just seen your replys!
You would do the usual 11 rule with the mixtone.
With any mix tone, take the number of the base colour you are using, so in this case 10, and add up to 11, so just 1, and this is the amount of cm you need to put in.
So I like to add 0/88 to 6/77, so would be 5cm of 0/88.
hth

When u are speaking about toner do u mean on redy once that u mix with peroxide or u think on makeing toner like take permanent colour for example 30 ml mix with 30ml of 10 vol peroxide and little bit of shampoo?

When u are speaking about toner do u mean on redy once that u mix with peroxide or u think on makeing toner like take permanent colour for example 30 ml mix with 30ml of 10 vol peroxide and little bit of shampoo?

Hi, yes loads of different ones ,
ones that you can mix together with lower peroxide or realeaser , eg like Loreal Diacolour Gelee in iced milk shake that you mix with Diacolour Gelee Releaser

or any tint of your choice mixed with other shades of tint with lower volume peroxide which will make a nice toner

also toners that you dont mix with anything at all
like wella colour fresh 0/6 silver violet

or there's proclere toners that have a little sachet of crystals and are made especially for bleached hair ,
these are good because they are very gentle and dont produce grab , :hug:

hi have just seen your replys!
With any mix tone, take the number of the base colour you are using, so in this case 10, and add up to 11, so just 1, and this is the amount of cm you need to put in.
hth
Ooo that mix sounds interesting! Do you use this often? And do you use it just for corrective colouring or for a fashion/regular shade? (or are you just giving an example of rule of 11 lol?) x

Minky again thanks a lot :)!

hth

Hi jrobinson , just so we all have the right ratios for the mixtones ect....

the mixtone ratios this is for use with 30 mls of tint isnt it ? (half a tube)

so if you used your Wella tint of a 10/8 and the 0/88 mixtone
for cool toning of bleached brassy hair

would you be using 30 mls of tint (half a tube) with 1cm of 0/88
and perfect pastel 1+2 ?

Also just so we all know....
do you dry the hair off first before applying the pastel toner ?
or do you apply your toner on damp hair ?

just thought I would clear that up a bit ,
as I am sure there are lots of other geeks , who are also really interested in your toning and application tips :)
thanks in advance minky :hug:

I think the most successful toners are the luo colour ones, PO, PO1 and PO3 are the most common. They are easy to use as you just mix them with luo colour releaser. Also they have quite quick and very visible results.

Oooh yes they do sound lovely and have had some good reveiws , but I don't use Loreal that much ,
so can you tell me what does the PO stand for ? :)
thanks in advance x minky

Can anyone tell me if the P0 is whiter then the P01 ? and where in sydney city can i buy luo colors ?

Latest posts

Back