toners. .

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottydolly

Reaction score
hey all, just wondering about a toner, i will try and explain what it is needed for. . u know how if someone has been gettin bleach highlights done for a long time, after w while it can look a bit solid. . now if after time the client decideds they want to look less bleached but still as blonde, what could one use to tone all over without really darkening it, jus to add a wee bit of gold without it goin really orangy. . obviously i say goldy cos i cant put anything flat or ash on it or it will go green or blue haha xx

Hi there, the secret to toning your saturated blondie is to reverse the process by weaving in very fine lowlights of your clients natural colour or one or two above. You may need to ask her to grow her roots out a bit more so you can match lowlight to root. Do your usual highlights as well (bleach with 6% I hope???) but do thin sections between so that when the hair is dry it all mingles in to give a really natural look. You could also start to introduce a highlift tint instead of all bleach, obviously this is a longer term solution. You could also use the all over pastel toning (wella). but this will still be saturated on the ends, your looking to break up the highlight and give contrast. If your not sure of results do a strand test.

Hope this is useful! x

amazingly useful, i did think of doing the second colour of foil to break it up but the client was uuber worried she was gonna end up lookng really less blonde, some folk jus dont know whats good for em haha. i will re-advice this next time she is in cos i really dont like the uuber blonde on her, its too harsh. . i didnt want to highlift any of it because it so blonde down the midlenghts that the only one i cud really use without it goin grey or blue wit the ashyness wud be 12/0 which goes a bit banana yellow, and she dont like yellow at all. . x

9/7 in wella is loverly to tone down bleached hair its not yellow or flat . im sorry ,i dont agree with putting lowlights of natural colour in at first,they can go to dark and look drab ,and in my xp ,the client doesnt like it , i tend to introduce a level 8 ,see how it holds and go from there . another option (depending on how dark they are is adding less blonde ,but still a full on blonde ,just covering less of the root area.

Latest posts

Back