Tongue Piercings????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had mine pierced 8 years ago, it did swell up and i lost 7lbs due to not being able to eat but i have no regrets.

Well girls, all I can say is that you're very very brave indeed.

I remember having my ears pierced many years ago, and so will everyone else in that vicinity at the time!

call me old fashioned

but i dont like it:eek: peeps i have seen with it done seem to talk funny (lispy)

had my belly button peirced once went BADLY SEPTIC......

NOPE NOT FOR ME IM AFRAID but i probably live in the dark ages cause i detest tatoo's too !

amb x

About 7 years ago I had a fight with my hubby and in an insane moment had my tongue piercecd to annoy him - he hates tatoos and piercings. It hurt like hell for a week or so. But I still have it in.

MINKUS said:
call me old fashioned

but i dont like it:eek: peeps i have seen with it done seem to talk funny (lispy)

had my belly button peirced once went BADLY SEPTIC......

NOPE NOT FOR ME IM AFRAID but i probably live in the dark ages cause i detest tatoo's too !

amb x

well i live there too then chick cos i dont either...lol xxx

lol, my m8's on bout getting her tongue too!!!

I may just get it done with her, you live once, hey??

Thanks again for everyone's experiences and opinions!!!

xxx

I have had mine pierced for 11 years (in a couple of weeks) I love it always have. The piercing itself didn't hurt it was afterwards when i was eating with a tongue the size of a watermelon :lol: :lol: (metaphorically speaking)
I love piercing, ears, tummy, lip, but no longer have my nipples or eyebrow.
If i take it out it feels that something is missing. HTH

I had mine done about 7 years ago. I never has it numbed but but it didnt hurt as much as I thought it would, it was more uncomfortable than painful. I swelled up quite bad and I couldnt eat for about a week. After 10 days I went back and had the bar changed for a smaller one (they put a longer one in so its not to tight when your tongue swells) and have never had any problems with it since. Im really lucky that it hasnt made me lisp or anything (like minkus said it does this to some people) and I dont even realise its there.

Hi,

Have mine pierced about 4 years ago and have never regretted it. Love it to bits, don't even know its there.

They numbed your tounge with a spray then clamp your tounge then pierce it. Didn't hurt just a little sore and my tounge didn't swell up to much. It bleed a little after but apart from that a few days of eating soft food i was fine. Its a personal choice really. people don't realise i've got mine done as you can't see it when i talk. Never had a problem with my teeth either.

HTH x

I've never had a lisp with mine. When you get a lisp it means that the person who pierced your tongue has put it too far forward (so i've been told).

When I had mine done it was a grab at youth lol x:lol:

christi said:
I had mine pierced 8 yrs ago too. My sister wanted hers done and as usual she asked me to go first while she plucked up the courage.

I had just had a burger king 10 min before so apologised to the guy he said i was better of doing that so i would not be too hungry later and maybe ok by the next day.
He numbed my tongue so didn't hurt at the time but was sore the next couple of days and i talked with a lisp for a while, I used Ambersol liquid which numbed it a bit and Bonjella.

After the swelling went down i never had a bit of trouble until 3 yr ago when i was brushing my teeth at the sink and insted of using a beaker to rinse i bent over the tap to take a drink of water(i know, i know) and caught my little flower shaped tongue bar in the criss cross thing in the tap.
I paniced and just pulled it out i ripped my tongue and fainted with shock, it bled like mad and i went into shock couldn't talk or didn't dare as i could feel as if it where ripping all the time, never went to hospital till i went back to work on the monday worked at Hospital(done it on the sunday).

After a good telling off from one of the doctors he said i had been very lucky as the tear underneath my tongue was about 2 millimetre away from that big vain if it had been any nearer he would be saving my life (subtle or what).

I must say i am usually very good at shock and emergencys but this frightened me as i didn't know what to do with this kind of injury!

Dont mean to frighten you, dont get me wrong i loved my piercing, this was just my experience be careful with your piercings.

Christi

PS For got say one of the best mouth washes is sterile salt water it seemed to heal the wound quicker for me!

OMG!!! Nearly fainted reading this, can feel my breakfast might reappear.

Have any of you thought how toungue or any other prominent piercings may affect your employability?:eek:
1st impressions count and I know of a few occasions where piercings have cost girls getting the jobs they want.
I'm one of the old school when it comes to piercings and tatoos, if you want them, fair enough, but keep them discreet.

We are interviewing for another part timer where I work (part time), there is a lovely girl who works in the coffe shop applied. She's really sweet, good customer service skills, but I know she won't get the job as she has just had her toungue pierced. It's not the kind of image our company wants to project to it's prospective customers!

I got mine done about 7 years ago, it didnt hurt or bleed as they numbed it. They put a long bar in which they changed after a week as mine had not swollen at all. It was uncomfortable the next day but that was due to the bar being too big for my mouth cos my tongue had not swollen. I ate chicken soup and pot rice's for a week, and ice cream as well. Once I got the small bar in I could eat anything. Mind you i got it done on a friday and went out on the p*ss on the sunday and managed a happy meal cos I was drunk lol. Used listerine mouthwash after every meal and I had no problems whatsoever. It has never affected my teeth or given me a lisp and I would feel naked without it.

pinkmummy said:
OMG!!! Nearly fainted reading this, can feel my breakfast might reappear.

Have any of you thought how toungue or any other prominent piercings may affect your employability?:eek:
1st impressions count and I know of a few occasions where piercings have cost girls getting the jobs they want.
I'm one of the old school when it comes to piercings and tatoos, if you want them, fair enough, but keep them discreet.

We are interviewing for another part timer where I work (part time), there is a lovely girl who works in the coffe shop applied. She's really sweet, good customer service skills, but I know she won't get the job as she has just had her toungue pierced. It's not the kind of image our company wants to project to it's prospective customers!

You don't see mine unless I open my mouth wide, I don't play with it, and with regards to my tattoo's all of mine are covered so unless I want you to see them no-one know's they're there x

angelxdevil said:
You don't see mine unless I open my mouth wide, I don't play with it, and with regards to my tattoo's all of mine are covered so unless I want you to see them no-one know's they're there x

Same here, I have 3 tattoos and they are not huge or anywhere obvious and sometimes people I work with dont realise i have a tongue stud until i tell them

harvey said:
Same here, I have 3 tattoos and they are not huge or anywhere obvious and sometimes people I work with dont realise i have a tongue stud until i tell them

Same here honey, I've got friends who didn't know until I mentioned it in a conversation once. They couldn't believe they didn't realise.....

I've had mine done for three years, it swelled up in the first week but has been fine ever since, I don't lisp, and I have to be careful about taking it out (for dentist etc) because it starts closing after half an hour!

I was a bit scared, but knew my piercer really well, and he has pierced me in much worse places than my tongue. It's good when you trust the person holding the needle!

hi i had my tounge done and swallowed the ball therefore it closed up within days so i went back and had it re done but unfortunatly it got infected and had green puss which made me vomit (nice )

lol, I think I'm guna go get it done soon!!!

I'd like a nice pink stoned bar, not too noticable!!!

I'll let you know when I get it done!!!

Has anyone any tips for getting it done / the healing process / etc???

xxxxx

I have a pink stone in mine too. When you get it done go somewhere decent and ask them if they will charge extra for the visits when you go back for smaller bars etc. It will heal quickly but for the 1st few days you wont be able to chew food much due to the big bar and your mouth feeling sore so be prepared to live on soup, ice cream, pot noodles, things that go down easily. And use mouthwash after every meal or sugary drink. I would also do this for a couple of days after you get the normal bar in just to be on the safe side.
I had 2 pints of lager before I got mine done cos I was so scared but it was fine.

just one more thing...tighten the ball on it once a week or so. I always do.

Latest posts

Back