Tongue Piercings????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had mine done about 10yrs ago and kept it in for 7yrs,it didnt hurt,i could still eat as i didnt have much swelling because i constantly sucked on ice pops (good practise haha) i wasnt in pain just slightly uncomfortable, it didnt chip my teeth but it took all the enamel off my front bottom teeth at the front and back which isnt a good look as they then goes a horrible brown colour (your teeth stain a lot more with no enamel:cry: ) i spend hours at my dentist getting the stains removed and spend a fortune on all the whitening pastes out there that dont seem to make a difference,i was gutted when i took it out and i really miss it but everyone tells me i speak much better now? Its up to you hun i loved mine but wish i knew then what i know now,GOOD-LUCK whatever you decide:hug: .

I did think about getting my tongue done, but had my belly button done and pierced my own nose (dont recommend this but I did it anyways) with my belly they clamped and pierced (without a freezing spray) but they pierced very deep, ie quite a chunk of flesh (sorry if your eating etc) they said this ensures that when the body tries to grow the bar out, it wont succeed, and its worked becuase now I have a lovely bar with the exact amount of skin it should have etc. BUT it hurt, not so much the initial piercing but I bruised all up my stomach area, they were not gentle... therefore I was put right off going back to get my tongue done.. :lol:

I had mine done when i was 18, the only bit that hurt was when they put the clamp on! mine didn't swell up that bad so i was ok to eat regular food! i loved it, i had all different coloured stones so i changed the top ball depending on my mood or what i was wearing!!
no-one could really see it unless i stuck my tounge out or opened my mouth wide. it didn't give me a lisp at all and it didn't chip any teeth!! it never touched my teeth!
i got a job with estee lauder and had to take it out....i shouldn't have bothered cos i walked out after 3 weeks!! the manager drove me nuts!! i was gutted cos it closed up almost immediately!

xx

Aw babe bummer! I hate it when piercings you love close up:rolleyes:

Know this info's a bit late....but I used to work for Givenchy and I put a clear PTFK bar/balls in and nobody noticed :green:

my belly button piercing has almost closed aswell...i had to take it out while i was pregnant but the bloke who does my piercings/tattoos has said that it has closed to much now so i will have to wait for it to completely heal and hve it done again.....i'm not looking forward to that cos that is one piercing that killed me!! (i've had my nose, eyebrow and several in my ears done in the past also so i have something to compare it to!!!)

Sorry but can't think of anything more unattractive, and vile.

deb379

Sorry but can't think of anything more unattractive, and vile.

deb379

do you not think this is a little harsh, considering how many people have posted that they have them??

As a body piercer and someone who has had many piercings... hopefully I can answer some of your concerns. first... you cannot become paralyzed from hitting a nerve. The chance of hitting that large artery under the toungue is pretty slim and any properly trained piercer knows to check for it... it's pretty hard to miss. The clamp should not hurt... it is only there to aid the piercer in keeping your toungue in the right position... it should not be clamped down so hard that it causes any major pain. Swelling should last anywhere from 4-14 days. If you decide to take the piercing out at any time afterwards.. the hole will heal over... you will not have a hole in your tounge forever. Damage to the teeth should not occur if the piercing is in the proper place, and if proper sized jewellery and acrlyic beads are used. The barbell should be snug (like an ear piercing) once you've changed it into a smaller size after swelling... not moving around so you can play with it. Done correctly, it should be a perfectly safe piercing and not interfere with speech. does this cover everything?

Hiya!!!

Just wandering what everyone thought of tounge piercings???

If anyone's got it done, can they remember having it done and did it hurt?? lol any experiences would be good!

Hi
I had my tongue pierced a couple of years ago and the best thing i can recommend is to make chamomile tea, put into icecube tray and freeze before you get pierced, that way when you get ho me you will b ready to suck on the chamomile cubes. Chamomile is an anti-inflamitory and very soothing as is the ice....2 in 1 lol :p Hope this helps

PS
Your piercer may tell you it'll take 6 wks to heal, but the tongue (and mouth for that matter) heals VERY quickly, most likely in about two weeks. Also please make sure ur piercer nhas taken an anatomy class!

OUCH i got mine done about three years ago and regreted it as soon as i got it done, my tounge swelled up, i couldnt eat for 5 days....it hurt so much..not the initial piercing but afterwards i mean, i suppose it is different for everyone this is my experience with it.

I have just read all these posts and just can't believe anyone would want to do this. I can see no attraction AND it chips your teeth - YUK:eek::eek::eek:

I have just read all these posts and just can't believe anyone would want to do this. I can see no attraction AND it chips your teeth - YUK:eek::eek::eek:

each to their own isnt it.

me and my BF both have our tongues pierced, and we love them, its not just about how they look, its abou how they feel aswell. if u catch my drift :wink2: :o lol.

some people do obviously have piercings for aesthetic reasons. like people get their nails done. others for sexual enhancement or culture.

and, ive had a metal ball on my piercing as long as ive had it and have never chipped a tooth!! :D

Hiya!!!

Just wandering what everyone thought of tounge piercings???

If anyone's got it done, can they remember having it done and did it hurt?? lol any experiences would be good!

I'm tempted to get it done, but, I'm scared!!!!

thanks everyone!!!!

xxxxx

My friend James pierced my tongue, he owns needleworks in the oasis in birmingham (highly reccomend you have it done there!!! He has done all my piercings!)

It didnt particularly hurt while it was being done, but it ached alot afterwards, for a few days! And the big initial jewellery annoyed me! I changed it myself after 2 weeks, but it was fine.

I didnt have a problem with the piercing other than it did annoy me while it was swollen, and even now i cant quite say "six" properly lol.

I took Zinc and Ibuprofen a week beforehand beause its said to reduce swelling. I didnt have any blood whatsoever. Ive never had a piercing bleed!! I dont think its normal for it to bleed, im not sure!

ive had my tongue pierced for 4 years. With tongues the nerve endings run on the outside of the tongue(like when you bite your tongue on the tip or side, it bloody hurts) when they pierce it it goes through the middle, the only part which hurt was the clamping of the tongue and having to open your mouth for an extended period of time. I had a little trouble speaking for the first couple of days, but kept eating lots of ice to keep the swelling down. If you get it done get an antisetic mouth wash so it numbs your mouth a little. In australia we have one called difflam? i think...its used after you have dental work to numb it a little..if you use this for the first couple of days it doesnt hurt that much.

A suggestion do not eat anything spicy...it somehow gets into the piercing and burns like hell ;-p but apart from that eat small portions of food.

well hey im a piercer and I do tongues all the time and if they r done properly they arnt to blleed at all mabey a drop of two but thats all if its bleading alot its cause the piercer didn't know what they were doing and didn't check for blood vesall and hit one and that can hurt a lot and be very uncomfortable also tongue is the least pain full piercing so I hope I answered all your questions.

I had mine done about 10 years ago and it has never closed over but have managed to swallow the balls on the bar over the years cause they havn't been tight enough but saying that i was in pain when i had it done!!!!!. But it didnt bleed i just couldnt eat and after about 5 days i did eat and had to take loads of ibrufen but after that no trouble at all. that good i have even gone and got another piercing. And that hurt even more i screamed. but thats for another thread!!!!!

Hi ya,

Had my tongue pierced about 10 years ago now. I did alot of research before I had it done, as I had previously had my belly button done, but my body rejected it.

I had to make an appointment to go in and let the woman see my tongue before I had it done, (as you have major veins running under your tongue), also on some people, the flap of skin connecting the tongue to jaw is too far forward on some people to have it done, as it would just be rubbing and too uncomfortable.

The whole thing was throughly explained to me prior to having it done. My tongue wasn't clamped, although I did have to rinse my mouth with mouthwash prior to it, and sitting there with your tongue out and someone coming at it, with what I can only describe as similar to a metal kebab skewer, was rather un-nerving so I shut my eyes. I cant say it didn't hurt, but it was fleeting like an injection, and my tongue hardly bled at all, only like a trip to the dentist when they clean your teeth.

The biggest pain in the bum I had was with the beginner bar, my tongue didn't swell at all and I had difficulty eating, you are told to wait 5-10 days but I went back and got a smaller bar put in after 3 days.

I'm not a fast healer so I can take my bar out with no problems, although so people I know have taken them out and within 10 minutes theirs has started to heal. (This you can only know yourself). I don't like taking it out, because its just like I've always had it now, and feels really weird without it.

I'd say if you really want it doing, do your research so your confident with the person who is going to do it, always check their reputation, and if your happy with what you hear, close your eyes and go for it.

I got my tongue pierced last September, had wanted it done for a long time, didnt hurt a bit, swelled for a couple of days but that was all, navel was more annoying really took ages to heal, the last piercing I had I love, and its aint me nipple...:lol:

I got my tounge done a year and a half ago and love it!! I had been thinking about it on and off for a while and one afternoon after college decided i would go and speak to the piercing place i went to - ended up getting booked in later that day.

The sorest part i would say is the tounge being clamped and pulled out - not sore - probably more uncomfortable. I didn't bleed much after and managed to have a yoghurt later on the same evening - but was too scared to eat anything else!

I used a antibacterial mouth was and arnica - and that really did help with the swelling and bring it down loads. I was eating properly by day 3. The arnica is one thing i would highly recommend.

I have been to my dentist and had a check up and my teeth are fine - was too scared to go and see him as i thought he would give me a row lol! But he didnt lecture me at all. I have two plastic balls on a surgical steel bar to try and prevent the balls from chipping my teeth.

I didn't really speak funny after it either - i phoned my friends/family after getting it done and my sister didn't belevie me because i was speaking so "normal" lol. And no one really notices it - i work in a veterinary practice and with the public and my bosses haven't said anything to me about it and have passed two interviews with my tounge piercing - i think as long as you don't play about with it, it isnt that noticable.

I had my tongue pierced about 5 years ago and i took it out after 1 year. WHY i hear you ask !!!!. Because i kept rattling the piercing on my teeth,it knocked my filling out. So i took it out and i STILL have a hole so now and again i put a piercing in to surprise my hubby !!!! :wink2:

Latest posts

Back