Toning down blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamylocks

Reaction score
Hi can I get some help please this is my auntie she is naturally very light maybe a 7/6 base. Her hair isn't taking to colour so I've recommended treatments for a while she's used bleach in the past and box blonde dyes. Her roots are quite ginger and she hates this at the moment but the ends are bleach blonde to me and a lighter blonde.

She wants a darker blonde now. What can I do and help to get rid of this band? She also says ash colours turn grey on her and she doesn't like camel honey colours. I feel at a loss. I'm not quite finished at college and they are too full to get her in next week.

She likes amanda holden hair the best.

Screenshot_2014-09-02-14-21-52.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-02-14-23-49.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-02-14-37-02.jpg

Anyone?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is a pretty serious color correction. Her ends are verly light by the looks and quite porous. In order to go darker, your going to have to pre pig those depeding on what depth you are going for. I would use a quasi like well color touch after, stick with warmth or her hair will go grey or gray green.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

You don't sound confident to do this and I wouldn't feel comfortable taking you through it in a post or a PM as I know you have asked.

Some concerns are - colour doesn't take on her hair? And she told you ash grabs on her hair. I'm afraid all these things are down to experience.

You haven't put forward any ideas yourself, and are struggling to even do a consultation for this.

My advice is get her to book in to see a colourist at a salon.

I think for now I would like to pre pig with a gold and dry it in. Then apply a level 7 semi colour touch or rusk. With maybe some natural level 7 and some gold. 7/73? I need to get hold of a colour chart too.

Then on a later occasion id like to highlight again. As if I foiled out with conditioner now she would still have the golden roots. And I wouldn't want to try a ash incase in went grey/ muddy.

Her ends look really over processed. I would concentrate more on getting it back into better condition and let someone with a bit more colour experience have a look at it

Latest posts

Back