Toning help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Izom

Reaction score
My client previously had loreal majirel 6 with 6% oxidant on her roots to create an ombre effect. She added some more lightness to her hair at home with bleach, but has gone very ginger up top (about a 8.33). What could I use to neutralise the roots while keeping her balayage?
Would a HL in ash plus be a good route? What % developer? She doesn't want any lighter just more neutral

Last edited:
My client previously had loreal majirel 6 with 6% oxidant on her roots to create an ombre effect. She added some more lightness to her hair at home with bleach, but has gone very ginger up top (about a 8.33). What could I use to neutralise the roots while keeping her balayage?
Would a HL in ash plus be a good route? What % developer? She doesn't want any lighter just more neutral
You need to pick a toner on a base 8 if she is an 8.33. You will need violet to neutralise (8.2 or 8.12) Use a low developer (1.9%/1.5%) so you are only depositing tone (no lift). If you went with 8.1 or 8.7 for example you would be left with a khaki hue. Hope this helps.

Would a cc8.1 work better than just an 8.1?

Latest posts

Back