Too busy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemo

Reaction score
Dear Geeks,

I know I shouldn't be moaning, I've spent two years and spent a fortune to get to a full diary but now I have it, I feel like I can't breathe.

I need advice. I currently work till 10pm 4 nights a week and till 2pm 3 days a week. I am reducing my working week by 19 hours. No more 10pm finishes or weekends.

I work from home. I'd love a salon (where i would have staff) but there isn't a suitable site as yet. I love being a nail girl but I hate not eating properly, not seeing daylight, not having any time for friends or family.

What do I do with the clients that cannot get appointments?
How do I get rid of clients I do not need/want?
Could I take on staff?
How do I say I'm fully booked for the next 3 weeks, sorry!!!? What are they supposed to do?

I'm so frustrated. I feel exhausted constantly moving clients about because they need to change their appointments. They have to book 9 weeks in advance just to get an appointment so of course things will change.

I have killed myself to be the best and the busiest and now I feel like walking away from it all. I can't do that as I still have debt I need to pay off.

How am I this stressed? I paint nails all day! The best job in the world!!
Can a fresh pair of eyes please help?

Thank you x

Aw Hun, I wish I could give you words of wisdom but I'm not in your position but hopefully will be that busy one day.

All your hard work has really paid off, I hope your proud of yourself 😃

I hope you get some answers and some you time back.

Well done on your success xxx

Dear Geeks,

I know I shouldn't be moaning, I've spent two years and spent a fortune to get to a full diary but now I have it, I feel like I can't breathe.

I need advice. I currently work till 10pm 4 nights a week and till 2pm 3 days a week. I am reducing my working week by 19 hours. No more 10pm finishes or weekends.

I work from home. I'd love a salon (where i would have staff) but there isn't a suitable site as yet. I love being a nail girl but I hate not eating properly, not seeing daylight, not having any time for friends or family.

What do I do with the clients that cannot get appointments?
How do I get rid of clients I do not need/want?
Could I take on staff?
How do I say I'm fully booked for the next 3 weeks, sorry!!!? What are they supposed to do?

I'm so frustrated. I feel exhausted constantly moving clients about because they need to change their appointments. They have to book 9 weeks in advance just to get an appointment so of course things will change.

I have killed myself to be the best and the busiest and now I feel like walking away from it all. I can't do that as I still have debt I need to pay off.

How am I this stressed? I paint nails all day! The best job in the world!!
Can a fresh pair of eyes please help?

Thank you x

time to put up your prices

I have clients I can't / won't take on. I never give a flat no but have a list of other therapists in my area that I can refer people on to. Take your diary and mark big biro lines where you don't want to work. Decide what you want to do and stick to it. If your boundaries are in your diary then you're half way there. Good luck!

I feel you. I am recovering from Bronchitis b/c I am overworked. I am good with reminders for clients and I have started to "slip" on some of them on purpose. I have hired an assistant, that has helped. I am planning on hiring more staff and I have raised my prices. Still growing.

Think a few of you have hit on it with raising my price.
I currently charge £25. Would £27/£28 be enough?

whats it for?

I think you could charge £30 at least - it sounds like you're good and people will pay it

What is the £25 for?
Shellac or nail extensions
I would even say go £30 for enhancements £28 for shellac.

I can't wait till in so busy I can afford to carve off a few clients lol!!

Sorry £25 is for basic Gelish/Shellac x

Nemo, I'm in the same position! Just not sure if I want to take on staff yet, it's such a big responsibility. And I'd need to find bigger premises and can't find the right place. Just not sure if I'm ready for it yet but can't keep going the way I am or I'll be worked into the ground! Really can't complain though! Hope you find a solution soon x

As others have said first off i would be putting prices up. Second off as another geek has said. Those clients you dont want start to let slip on the appointment reminders. Make a list of the clients who you want to keep/ dont want to keep and go from there. I would also start taking a booking fee if you dont already and if clients change their appointment within 48hrs then take the booking fee. I would also put a reminder out to clients that due to you being so busy and your hours changing that any appointments made really must be kept unless a very good reason is given.

I would put something like just a little reminder to my wonderful clients, due to being busy and appointments being missed any appointments made really must be kept. A booking fee is now required for each appointment and this will be deducted off your treatment however cancelling/changing appointment within 48hrs means loss of booking fee deduction. This should help with those clients you dont want and those who really like your work will be very understanding.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

You are stressed and this is the time to put up your prices and be strict with your working hours! No rest makes Jill a dull girl! Evaluate what is important for you and now you are in the fortunate position you have choices in the way you move forward!

My business is growing and I hope over the next 12 months I will be in the fortunate position you are. Enjoy your new work life balance!

Thanks for your advice Geeks. This is why I love this forum!
I will update and let you know how I get on :) x

Memo, shame you're down in Kent, I could take a few off you with pleasure. I'm still building up my client base because of moving yet again last July. :(

Yes same as i would be happy to take some of your clients but unfortunately i am in Reading! Still trying to build mine up which seems to be taking forever!

Yes for about 3 months then up again. well done xx

I'm scared of raising my prices... I'm all for it until I actually have to do it! Last rise was January 2013 and I only put new clients up who wouldn't have known about it. Was scared of telling existing ones so they didn't go onto the current pricing till September 2013. Maybe I'll do a new price list and give current clients until September again before I put them up. I'm a chicken! OR, I'll put up the clients I don't like effective ASAP and the ones I do like can stay on old prices. Yes, I like that idea best. Don't like confrontation.

And if there are any Geeks in Kent, please PM me and I'll happily pass on your details when I can't accommodate x

All you need to do at each appointment is give each and every client a new price list and say new prices will come into effect on such and such a day. Also display this on your repection desk. Anyone asks say product, insurence etc has gone up

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

well done you!

yes put your prices up but be careful, especially if you've just had a price increase.

whereabouts in kent are you? I could do with a few extra clients...although starting to get quite busy now summer is coming round again x

Latest posts

Back